Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feld Post

Article about: Just got this recently I think it an original. (new to this part of the hobby) What you guys think? Also the letter came with it i can’t read it. I can read German, just bit short of speakin

Default Feld Post

Just got this recently I think it an original. (new to this part of the hobby)
    What you guys think? Also the letter came with it i can’t read it. I can read German, just bit short of speaking it pretty good, It just hard for me to read hand writing. Maybe the German speakers on the forum could help me out with the letter. (lot of it is written in pencil)

Feld PostFeld PostFeld Post)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feld Post
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feld Post

interesting letter, this was a short few days before arnhem,i think this was posted in poland though, the f.p no, is either 51558 or 31338,im unsure if its the first one you are talking u boot 970, juli 44 gestrichen U.b.d.u. if the latter 1-4 komp grenedier reg 1090. this is all i can tell you,im not a german speaker sadly, good luck in your research. george w.

Thanks it from the infantry i think on east front though ( I’m pretty sure), if in Arnhem i would be stunned!
    cursive throwing me off

?

no, i worded it wrongly, sorry. its the date of the of action at the time in another theatre, {sept 44} dosnt it say polen {poland} on the opening line? ive read down the letter and it does indeed state the FP as the grenedier 1-4 komp 1090. forgive my impatience.george w

It ok, ya i think it does, but i havent read cursive like this in a while

?

i really love seeing letters like this of the time, it is such a personal piece of history. i have a few feldpost letters ive aquired from the ss. it is the most inexpensive of all ss items, but gives me hours of research in my day of inactivity,im adicted to this fine forum and all the friendly people on here,it is like a second home to me. i will look further into the unit for you ,and hopefully come up with the postings for the the unit at the time of sept 44. most sincerly, george w

Thanks again george. maybe you will be comea feld post expert one day

?

with only 6 in my posession, and non german reader ,i feel it may take a while, i will stick with cigars, but thanks you indeed ha, ha ..george w

So.. can anyone translate this one?