MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Feldpost# 12179

Article about: I've found this one: Stalingrad-Feldpost.de but I'm having problems translating/making proper sense of it..... looks to be a really good resource though!

Default Re: Feldpost# 12179

I've found this one: Stalingrad-Feldpost.de but I'm having problems translating/making proper sense of it..... looks to be a really good resource though!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost# 12179
    P
    Many

?

Interesting and fascinating subject.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Interesting and fascinating subject.
    Indeed it is.... there's lots to learn as well, I'm hoping to create a Stalingrad display with period photos and various Stalingrad soldier equipment and belongings etc. Haven't gotten very far yet but I'm hoping to get there soon enough..

Could anyone help decipher the fp cover?

I've got the first name and rank of both sender and recipient (brothers Gefr. Fritz and Uffz. Heinz) already, what I can't make out with 100% certainty is their last name (Loch?) and the letter behind "20250" (D or L?)

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I've found this one: Stalingrad-Feldpost.de but I'm having problems translating/making proper sense of it..... looks to be a really good resource though!
    Excellent site you can translate what you want through Babelfish !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Never tried Babelfish before just now and it seems to work perfectly... nice!

Could anyone take a look at the felpost cover I posted a few posts up? Still not entirely sure about the last names of recipient and sender etc...
    This is what I've got so far though:

The letter was written Sept. 20th, 1942 and subsequently sent Sept. 28th, 1942 from fp# 12179 belonging to Panzerjäger- u. Aufklärungs-Abteilung 156 which was under 56 Infanterie Division - Korps XXXXI (Sept. to Oct. 1942)-2. Pz. Armee-Armeegruppe Mitte, which was stationed in Orel, Russia from Jan. 1942 - Aug. 1943.

The letter was written by Gefreiter Fritz Loch (?) to his brother Unteroffizier Heinz Loch (?) who served under Infanterie Rgt 379 (feldpost# 20250 D) which was stationed in Finland from June 1941 through to early 1944

Any and all corrections or additions received with thanks! I always try to squeeze whatever info there is out of items I add to my collection, a bit obsessive?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2