Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Feldpost and assorted letters collection

Article about: Hi All - I don't have a whole lot of of these - just a few, I will post them here in this thread - could be interesting for German speaking folks (unfortunately, I can't read these, especial

?

Default Feldpost and assorted letters collection

Hi All -

I don't have a whole lot of of these - just a few, I will post them here in this thread - could be interesting for German speaking folks (unfortunately, I can't read these, especially the hand-written ones).
    I'll start with a feldpost from a DAK soldier:
    Cheers,
    Fabe

(the last pic will be the side-way text on the last page)

Feldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost and assorted letters collection
    P
    Many

Feldpost letters are popping out of the woodwork today 😊

I think I may be temporarily addicted to feldpost collecting myself. Little snapshots of the war from an individual's perspective. You can see the events coming to life before your eyes.
    Looking forward to finding out what this letter tells us. Seems Hilde was a very common name at the time!

B.B.

Nice price point for collecting too 😉

?

A very nice Feldpostbrief you got there.
    Feldpost letters are very interesting to collect and I love them. I have about a hundred of them and buy them regularly. In my opinion a great personal and historical source of information, it takes you close to the person itself and very fun to read (if I can decipher the handwriting).

Regards, Rik

?

I have been looking at the Feldpostnumber and this is the unit that belongs to that number during the time the letter was written:

Stab Nachschub-Kolonne Abteilung der Luftwaffe 5/VI (Luftgau VI).

That is all I could find, no further information yet. (information comes from lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de and The Luftwaffe, 1933-45).

?

I'm posting the second feldpost - this was sent from Russia in January 26th, 1944:

Feldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collectionFeldpost and assorted letters collection

?

You have some nice letters there !
    I collect them myself, there are all very interesting. Each Soldier sees the war differently and their letters are often the last witnesses of those soldiers. I would love to help you to translate them but I have so much work with mine already.

Cheers,
    Satzar

?

I will upload another letter later today - If anyone wishes to translate, please share!