Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldpost stamp from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Earlier in the week I picked up a wooden transit chest for a bren gun, something I had been after for a while. I got it home and took it indoors. Having done so I looked at it and wondered w

Default Feldpost stamp from Jersey, Channel Islands.

Earlier in the week I picked up a wooden transit chest for a bren gun, something I had been after for a while. I got it home and took it indoors. Having done so I looked at it and wondered why I bothered. I have a live firing Bren in my collection so I thought it would be nice to put the gun in. Anyway, I decided that I really did not want it, and gave a friend a call who also has a Bren and asked if he was interested. So to cut a long story short I have just come home from his place having taken the box around to him and him wanting it. Whilst chatting he said he had something he'd got from his Mum who had got it after the Germans had moved out of her house at the end of the Occupation. He handed over this lovely little Feldpost stamp, nothing valuable but just another little piece of the German Occupation of our Island. It was totally unexpected and I am really pleased with it. He was happy to give me the stamp and I was more than happy to give him the box. It just shows that kit is still out there and does turn up when you least expect it. I think he would have paid me for the box and given me the stamp but for me I was more than happy with the deal as it was.
    I hope you like it, and one thing is for sure its 100% original from the period not a new made reproduction.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldpost stamp from Jersey, Channel Islands.   Feldpost stamp from Jersey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost stamp from Jersey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Nice example and certainly of the period. The form is quite similar to many genuine ink stamps I have seen, although the variations are almost endless.