Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feldpost to U-379+ crew member, MaschGfr Oswald Napierski

Article about: I was going trough a lot of feldpost I bought quite some time ago and found 3 feldpost envelopes with letters to a "Oswald Napierski". I thought, "well that's an interesting n

?

Default Feldpost to U-379+ crew member, MaschGfr Oswald Napierski

I was going trough a lot of feldpost I bought quite some time ago and found 3 feldpost envelopes with letters to a "Oswald Napierski". I thought, "well that's an interesting name, I think I'll google it".

Shows up Oswald Napierski was a crew member of the Uboat U-379 that sunk 2 ships: Kaimoku (American Steam merchant) - Ships hit by German U-boats during WWII - uboat.net and Anneberg (British Steam merchant) - Ships hit by German U-boats during WWII - uboat.net but was Sunk 8 Aug, 1942 in the North Atlantic south-east of Cape Farewell, Greenland, in position 57.11N, 30.57W, by ramming and depth charges from the British corvette HMS Dianthus.

40 dead and 5 survivors an unfortunaly Oswald was not one of the survivors.

It's 2 handwritten feldpost letters and 1 written on typewriter, that I will translate and put here soon.

I know there is a lot of uboat enthusiasts out there so I hope someone finds this interesting.

Attachment 350818

Attachment 350819

Attachment 350821

Attachment 350822

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldpost to U-379+ crew member, MaschGfr Oswald Napierski
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feldpost to U-379+ crew member, MaschGfr Oswald Napierski

Feldpost with typewriter written letter:

lieber oswald!

Sehr nett, daß du dich auch einmal hören läßt; du kommst im schreiben nämlich gleich hinter Otto. Nun das macht aber fast gar nichts die hauptsache du teilst so ab und zu mit wo du dich zur zeit befindest. dann geht die sache schon klar. also im größten erfolg. vergeßt aber das auftauchen nicht denn dies ist in Kiel möchte ich auch ganz gerne einmal sein schon wegen des denn ehrlich gesagt ich habe so einen hafen noch gar nicht gesehen. Richtigt ist es schon wenn du zuvor noch auf urlaub fährst und dein testament machst. damit dann alles klar geht. ich soll jetzt einen u.- lehrgang machen gemeldet bin ich schon, nun warten wir unglücklichen auf den termin bis es losgeht. aber die herren haben für die geschichte noch gar kein quartier. Meinen stabsschreiber-lehrgang werde ich in diesen auch beenden, du siehst ich steige von einem lehrgang in den anderen. wenn ich den u.-lehrgang bestanden habe, dann lasse ich mich zum überzähligen uffz. Be-fördern und brauche mich night auf 12 jahre verpflichten. das heisst damm, daß ich ogefr.-gehalt wiiterbekome und mich somit nicht verpflichten brauche. so kannst du es auch machen, na du wolltest ja immer unbedingt zu preußens nun kannst du ja entscheiden was du tun willst. von mir hast du dich night belehren lassen wollen. Jedoch nun gute fahrt und viele grüße.
    Richard

?

Thanks for showing this Richard, it is a fine example of how with a little time and effort, an item such as this one can reveal so much history. The majority of Feldpost pieces are discarded, or ignored and left in a box or file. It is nice that you have researched this piece. Well done.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks you very much!

Also worth to note: U-379 was during one operation (3 Aug 1942 - 8 Aug 1942) in the same wolfpack (Steinbrinck) as Germany's 12:th most successful uboat, U-552!