Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First SS feldpost - Das Reich

Article about: Hi guys, Bought these two feldpost. I've only got these two photos of the envelopes at this point. Once I get them and translations I'll post more pictures up

?

Default First SS feldpost - Das Reich

Hi guys,

Bought these two feldpost. I've only got these two photos of the envelopes at this point. Once I get them and translations I'll post more pictures up

First SS feldpost - Das ReichFirst SS feldpost - Das Reich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First SS feldpost - Das Reich
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: First SS feldpost - Das Reich

2 Kompanie SS Panzer Regiment 2 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Letters turned up today. I think they might be in the dreaded suetterlin

I was able to make out a waffen-SS in there though. That was fairly confronting.

First SS feldpost - Das ReichFirst SS feldpost - Das ReichFirst SS feldpost - Das ReichFirst SS feldpost - Das Reich

?

Hello all! Sorry to bump, but if someone could please help with an appraisal of these letters, it would be greatly appreciated

?

i adore personal feldpost letters from any branch,this isnt sutterlin, as i can dechypher some words, dearest heinz, then its about his letter he thanks her for, one feldpost takes me on average 2 weeks to research through my translation subscription online, it is pain staking,as im very slow at typing, hence my few posts here, love the letters you show, kind regards,george

?

Thanks for having a look George

I've had a good look at the envelopes, one of them is stamped 'Goslar', which according to 5mins of research was the center of the reich farming ministry.

It also appears that Goslar was home to a concentration camp. So I'm hoping the SS Gefreiter 'Heinz' both letters were addressed to wasn't associated with such. If he was, I don't really want them in my possession.

If you don't mind George, could you please help me decipher the surname of the addressee 'Heinz'? I've attached some photos of the two envelopes. It's beyond me unfortunately!

First SS feldpost - Das ReichFirst SS feldpost - Das Reich

?

im by far the last to ask sir,but i would say heinz duggen, thank you for asking me, regards george

?

Goslar, or SS-Bauleitung Goslar (SS Main Construction Office Goslar) was indeed a subcamp of KL-Neuengamme. It operated from October 1944 until March 1945, with a complement of 15 male prisoners. The function of the subcamp was, as the name suggests, office work. The prisoners were housed in wooden huts on site. One death at the subcamp was reported. On 25th March 1945, the prisoners were evacuated. It is not known whether or not they returned to the main camp, i.e. KL-Neuengamme, or were transferred elsewhere.

As no distinctive reference to the camp is present on this piece, I would doubt its connection to the locale.

Regards,

Carl

?

Thanks George, that helps (P.s - You are too harsh on yourself)

And thanks as well Tiger, I had a feeling you would come through with some good info