Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found this badge on our boat

Article about: Hi, I am new here as of today. I found this badge on our sail oat while searching for an envelope that had fallen under a drawer. The badge was wedged into a crevasse. We had also found a go

Default Found this badge on our boat

Hi, I am new here as of today. I found this badge on our sail oat while searching for an envelope that had fallen under a drawer.
    The badge was wedged into a crevasse.
    Found this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boat

We had also found a gold? coin and a .38 caliber round in the mast when we unstepped it. The boat was built 1986 in Taiwan and putting a coin for good luck into the keel or mast is a tradition. Additionally in Taiwan adding a bullet for good luck against pirates was also customary.
    The coin is a German coin, Fritz von Berlichen. We researched that the first owner that had ordered the boat was German. He died in the nineties and his children sold the boat to someone else.

My question is: Is this badge something real?
    Thanks for the support.

Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found this badge on our boat
    P
    Many

Found this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boatHere are pics of the coin and bullet:

Found this badge on our boat

Unfortunately, your badge is a fantasy reproduction.
    Here is a good one posted earlier on this site ...
    Found this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boat

Here is one similar to the badge originally posted , this one couldn’t decide if it was a Party badge or Hitler youth badge . Horrible ...
    Found this badge on our boatFound this badge on our boat

MAP
    ?

Agree. While these pins (in red) are original early period items the one in green is a fake. Besides the color, the quality of the enamel is very poor.

I do however hope the coin is gold and real.

Happy sailing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Who would have thought that? Lol, wonder where the guy got that thing from.
    Who makes these fakes and why in a fantasy design? Is this some sort of cult or something?
    I get it if forgers try to copy something valuable, but making something up just doesnt make sense.
    Well thanks for the clarification on this. I can throw it away then right?

MAP
    ?

Instead of throwing it away....it could be a great fishing lure.

Just like many other fields of interest (coins, art,etc.), collecting militaria is rife with scam artists. Most of these people prey on the unsuspecting for a quick profit.

Fake/fantasy items are made worldwide but it seems most of these pins are originating out of Eastern Europe

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Intersting, hadn‘t seen it that way.
    No, I don’t think using it as a lure is a good idea, practical yes, but I really don’t want the other boaters to see what I am fishing with, lol. Just might give off a wrong political impression.��
    Ok thanks for the answers.
    Best
    Michael

MAP
    ?

Glad we could help you out