Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found Mein Kampf in Oma's attic today and more!

Article about: So today I was looking through my Oma's attic and found this edition of Mein Kampf published in 1938 and maybe it's a signed edition? I'm not sure so here are some pictures of it and I'm hop

?

Default Found Mein Kampf in Oma's attic today and more!

So today I was looking through my Oma's attic and found this edition of Mein Kampf published in 1938 and maybe it's a signed edition? I'm not sure so here are some pictures of it and I'm hoping you guys can help identify what edition etc it is and how much it might be worth. Along with that I also found what appears to be a soldiers cartoon book and I was wondering if any of you had seen this. Thanks for any help, Will

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found Mein Kampf in Oma's attic today and more!
    P
    Many

Well...it's a pre-signed signature, as these were printed that way...but it's a decent condition pre-war published German edition of MK, and as such alone, it has a nice market value in the $100 range give or take abit. Nice that it has the dust jacket. It is, of course, the Jubilee Edition-which is the 25th anniversary edition. MK was printed in a bewildering number of issues-Wedding editions, Hitler's birthday editions, leather bound, paper bound, Amber bound-you name it.

Your Oma must have been a fan of Wilhelm Busch! He wrote many books-the famous Max and Moritz cartoons(which inspired the Katzenjammer Kids)were his,etc. He died in 1908, so check the publication dates for them, although I doubt that they are 1st editions! They are, nonetheless collectable in their own right and the grouping of them are likely worth far more than Adolf's book!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

It was actually her mothers and she gave it to her. The prices on these vary so much so I might have a professional value it for me. We got a very good appraiser here in Vegas for old books such as these.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    He died in 1908, so check the publication dates for them, although I doubt that they are 1st editions! They are, nonetheless collectable in their own right and the grouping of them are likely worth far more than Adolf's book!
    These are Third Reich-era editions, published by the Wehrmacht High Command as part of their "Soldiers' Library". (It says so on the front covers.)

?

Quote by WillC View Post
    It was actually her mothers and she gave it to her. The prices on these vary so much so I might have a professional value it for me. We got a very good appraiser here in Vegas for old books such as these.
    Was that just " A slap in the face "... Not very nice.. Another "No Thank You" or whatever..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by WillC View Post
    ....We got a very good appraiser here in Vegas for old books such as these.....
    Hope it isn't Rick and Chumlee
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It pays to have young eyes! Well spotted,Andreas! Going by this new info, I'm seeing the Busch Wehrmacht editions as being in the 10 dollar range and going up to at most 20 dollars each. But, by all means, bring them to your appraiser and see. All I know is that This is what I could purchase them myself for. The MK Jubilee? You'll find prices all over the boards-anywhere from 100 to 1200,etc. Naturally, you go by the lowest price that you can buy them for when evaluating.
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    These are Third Reich-era editions, published by the Wehrmacht High Command as part of their "Soldiers' Library". (It says so on the front covers.)
    William

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Was that just " A slap in the face "... Not very nice.. Another "No Thank You" or whatever..
    Youth,Gwar...everything in their worlds is rushed. I sometimes almost remember being young....lol But, to be fair, he did post a "click" on my answer!
    William

?

No, just nice to have a second opinion from someone who is also experienced in the field.

?

No, there jokes here. No one takes them seriously.