Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fp 42752

Article about: Hello, Could somebody maybe tell me more about feld post number 42752? It is on a piece of paper I found in a gasmask cannister I recently bought. Thanks in advance! kind regards Ruben

infatuate
    ?

Default Fp 42752

Hello,

Could somebody maybe tell me more about feld post number 42752? It is on a piece of paper I found in a gasmask cannister I recently bought.

Thanks in advance!

kind regards
    Ruben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fp 42752  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Fp 42752

Hi Ruben, the number is for an RAD unit and was only used during 1942:

(1.3.1942-7.9.1942) RAD-Gruppenführer 21.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Phil, these are the ranks used in the RAD during this time period we are looking at here of 1942. They changed over time.:

Reichsarbeitsführer
    Generaloberstfeldmeister
    Generalfeldmeister
    Obergeneralarbeitsführer
    Generalarbeitsführer
    Oberstarbeitsführer
    Oberarbeitsführer
    Arbeitsführer
    Oberstfeldmeister
    Oberfeldmeister
    Feldmeister
    Unterfeldmeister
    Haupttruppführer
    Obertruppführer
    Truppführer
    Untertruppführer
    Hauptvormann
    Obervormann
    Vormann
    Arbeitsmann

I cannot make out the hand writing either, other than Ober... something.

These are the ranks used 1936 to 1941:

Reichsarbeitsführer
    Obergeneralarbeitsführer
    Generalarbeitsführer
    Oberstarbeitsführer
    Oberarbeitsführer
    Arbeitsführer
    Oberstfeldmeister
    Oberfeldmeister
    Feldmeister
    Unterfeldmeister
    Obertruppführer
    Truppführer
    Obervormann
    Vormann
    Arbeitsmann

Cheers, Ade.

infatuate
    ?

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, which are very helpfull!

I can't read the note either, only the name and the FP number. I added another picture of the little paper though. The other side of the note maybe confirms this guy being a member of the RAD.
    (" baustelle")

Another thing is that this cannister was found about eight years ago in Holland: Helmond. I guess this guy was with the RAD ones, but maybe was transfered to active duty in a Heeres or LW ground unit?!Does that sound logical?

Thanks again for the help and I hope somebody can read whats on the small paper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fp 42752   Fp 42752  

Hi Ruben, bear in mind RAD units were deployed in Holland and saw active duty there. (Some fought at Arnhem.)

Cheers, Ade.

infatuate
    ?

Hi Ade,

Thanks again and you are surtenly correct about the RAD units fighting around Arnhem... But this RAD unit was located in Johannisburg? And the number only used during 1942!? Maybe he stayed in the RAD, maybe he was transfered... I guess that is hard to say? Does somebody know if there maybe is a archive (Bundesarchive?) where I can try and find out more about this specific person and his career according to the combination of the name and FP number?

One thing is for sure though: this guy was at the front one time or another and found it helpful to repaint his cannister for camouflage purposes. I will post another picture.

The cannister was found 8 years ago in a private household in Helmond as statet and I guess the soldier who carried it was active on the western flank of the advancing allied troops in '44. I would love to know the story:-)

infatuate
    ?

here is another picture....

infatuate
    ?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    does that mean the numbers been added later ade, as the rank appears to start with ober, ? the FP seem to be written in pencil while the name/rank is in ink.
    You have a point...maybe the name and rank added later?!

infatuate
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Fp 42752

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    the camo appears DAK afrika corpsand one page you show looks like a page from a wehrpass, interesting item indeed,
    Hi,

thanks for you reply, but I think the yellow is brighter than the DAK color.... I do not think it was a DAK cannister which received brown and green colors later. Here is a picture of the yellow I believe was often used for the DAK on another cannister of mine.

kr Ruben

infatuate
    ?

Here is another picture of the first cannister, which shows better how bright the yellow is.

Also still looking for some experience in finding out more about this soldier and which authorities I should or could contact!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.