Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Fuhrerbunker Photo

Article about: Dave. looks like a great project. Looking forward to seeing your end results.. John

Default Re: Fuhrerbunker Photo

Dave. looks like a great project. Looking forward to seeing your end results..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fuhrerbunker Photo
    P
    Many

great.cant wait for the final result (and a photo from the bunker plate)

Fantastic, Sandgroper!

You have been working on this project for some time now and you are almost done. Can't wait to see it complete and on display. Your giant picture looks great, the enlargement worked fabulously!

One thing I don't understand.....why in the world would you let your girlfriend's foot stay into the picture? As you said, I use Photoshop to make me look better. I suggest you remove her foot asap! lol

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Cheers Green, I'll pass on your compliment to the missus, she's usually self conscious about here feet that's why I claimed it as mine. It is also why I drink. Lol

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Cheers Green, I'll pass on your compliment to the missus, she's usually self conscious about here feet that's why I claimed it as mine. It is also why I drink. Lol
    LOL, nice comeback on that one!

Your presentation will look excellent, looking forward to seeing it!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Ok, gents, I went out to a local hardware shop yesterday and bought a bit of board to mount the photo, some acid free glue and a cheap paint roller. I took the lid off the glue bottle and poured it onto the board and then used the paint roller to spread it out as evenly as I could over the board. Once that was done, I carefully lined up the edge of the photo and just rolled it out onto the board. Then I grabbed the missus's rolling pin from the kitchen (she was at work!) and starting from the centre I rolled outwards towards to edge of the board to remove any air bubbles. I then left it overnight and this morning turned it over so the photo was face down and using the edge of the board as a guide, I used a scalpal to trim off the edges of the pic. I'll now leave it to dry properly for a week, then coat the photo with a laquer or varnish befor the next step. I searched youtube for how to block mount photos before I started any of this, I found several different methods so I used a combination of several methods and a bit of my own initiative. I'm reasonably happy so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fuhrerbunker Photo   Fuhrerbunker Photo  

Fuhrerbunker Photo  

Sandgroper

That worked well, you're on your way!

Green

So far, so good!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5