Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please

Article about: Good afternoon, I have seen this grouping of award citations to one soldier of the GD division. I would not know where to start with originality as I can image that these would be very desir

Default GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please

Good afternoon,

I have seen this grouping of award citations to one soldier of the GD division.

I would not know where to start with originality as I can image that these would be very desirable.

I am not too keen on the squiggly signatures...

I am in the process of obtaining some clearer pictures.

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please   GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please  

GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please   GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please  

GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please   GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please  

GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GD Award Citation's - Help Needed Please
    P
    Many

Yeah, ask for REALLY good closeups Glen - this bloke had a chest full of awards and you need to sleuth the units and dates out to see if it all makes sense. ( and the unit commander's names & signatures )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan,

I am trying to get some detailed scans. Seem like I will have to become a detective...

Thank you, Glen.

looks like a lot of metal earned.

You don't need to get any other images. They are all faked. The signatures are very poor attempts - so poor that the don't even come close to resembling who they should be. The person who has faked these has no idea who commanded what and when and so has just put random scribbles as signatures.
    Take the KvK II Kl citation for example - the citation is dated October 1941 and has an OKW stamp which doesn't make sense when it is signed by the Divisional Commander (all the citations seem to have the same OKW stamp). And assuming the signature is meant to be from a GD commander then this would of been impossible as GD didn't become a Division until April 1942. Not only that, but the unit title for the soldier is Panzerjager Rgt (mech) - first of all, at the date shown the Pz.Jaeger component of GD was an Abteilung, not a Regiment, and the Germans didn't use the abbreviation 'mech' - that is a Western term.
    I collect GD related paperwork and I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    You don't need to get any other images. They are all faked. The signatures are very poor attempts - so poor that the don't even come close to resembling who they should be. The person who has faked these has no idea who commanded what and when and so has just put random scribbles as signatures.
    Take the KvK II Kl citation for example - the citation is dated October 1941 and has an OKW stamp which doesn't make sense when it is signed by the Divisional Commander (all the citations seem to have the same OKW stamp). And assuming the signature is meant to be from a GD commander then this would of been impossible as GD didn't become a Division until April 1942. Not only that, but the unit title for the soldier is Panzerjager Rgt (mech) - first of all, at the date shown the Pz.Jaeger component of GD was an Abteilung, not a Regiment, and the Germans didn't use the abbreviation 'mech' - that is a Western term.
    I collect GD related paperwork and I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole.
    Thank you very much!

Bidding ended today and earing on the side of caution I did not bid - call it a gut feeling.

Thank you for confirming my feelings with facts!

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post

Bidding ended today and earing on the side of caution I did not bid - call it a gut feeling.

Thank you, Glen.
    Did anyone actually bid on them?

Yes they did.

If I am not mistaken I think the lot sold for £75.

Thank you, Glen.

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Yes they did.

If I am not mistaken I think the lot sold for £75.

Thank you, Glen.
    Expensive toilet paper. ..
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Expensive toilet paper. ..
    Yep, but it all depends on who bought them and why. If it is a new/young collector who doesn't know the value of the market items or thinks he has the bargain of the decade than I agree. But if it is someone more shady who knows where he can target such people than he could well make a fairly large profit while still offering it at a seemingly bargain price compared to what it would be if they were original.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast