Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GD DKiG Document

Article about: I've got the opportunity to acquire this award document for the German Cross in Gold for Willy Becker of the GrossDeutschland. I'd appreciate any comments on this as to its authenticity befo

?

Default GD DKiG Document

I've got the opportunity to acquire this award document for the German Cross in Gold for Willy Becker of the GrossDeutschland. I'd appreciate any comments on this as to its authenticity before I commit to the purchase.

Thanks for your help

Tietze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GD DKiG Document   GD DKiG Document  

GD DKiG Document   GD DKiG Document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GD DKiG Document
    P
    Many

Default Re: GD DKiG Document

There is a new book out on the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold and citations which may be able to answer your question. I thought the only variants of the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold citation had the recipients details either typed in or hand written in a red/brown ink. The recipients details on this one look as if they were printed on the same machine that printed the rest of the details on the citation (unless that is just an effect of the photgraphy). I haven't seen too many of these citations (although I own a Luftwaffe one to a Stuka bordfunker with the typed in recipient details) so it may be legit as the rest seems ok. Hopefully another member can shed some more light for you.

I have found this link that describes the DKiG citations and shows the handwritten style. It is only a brief overview but if I can find anything else then I will post it here...

German Cross

Last GD DKIG I sore Sold for over 1600Euro, There are some Nice Original DKIG Docs posted on WAF Comparing Signature and Stamp of similar dates Could help.

schnellmann
    ?

Looks good to me. That is GFM Keitel's signature on it. He was hung at Nuremberg in 1946. How much is it?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    The recipients details on this one look as if they were printed on the same machine that printed the rest of the details on the citation .
    Page 406 of The German Cross book by Dietrich Maerz shows a citation exactly the same

It certainly looks good

According to Die Ordensträger der deutschen Wehrmacht

Becker, Willy, 04.02.1944, Oberwachtmeister, 2./Stu.Gesch.Abt. “GD”

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Page 406 of The German Cross book by Dietrich Maerz shows a citation exactly the same
    That would be the book I was refering to. Good to see that this one looks ok after all.

?

Thanks for all your comments to date. So far no reason to not purchase then!

Tietze

?

John, any chance you could scan page 406 out of the Dietrich Maerz book you are referring to as I don't have that one? I have been trawling everywhere to try and find a reference document with the name in the same style as this. Or does anyone else have one they could post?

Thanks again for all help

There are Many Examples in Document related Books, Formann's, Emilies and the one mentioned. I would arm your self with as many of these as possible, Before such a Big Out Lay. So many Rush in hast and Repent in leisure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast