Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gefreiter Johann Manger

Article about: Hello i got these german documents today Everything belongs to the same soldier I think they are from a hospital any information would be appreciated

Default Gefreiter Johann Manger

Hello i got these german documents today
    Everything belongs to the same soldier
    I think they are from a hospital
    any information would be appreciated Gefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann Manger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gefreiter Johann Manger
    P
    Many

Yes it is indeed from a hospital, one letter says Gefreiter Manger underwent a very serious operation!...

Thank you Paul !
    do you know what the Blue circle is under the stamp?
    I also think one of them are military discharge papers

The documents are for two different men: Johann Manger (born 7th July 1886) and Franz Manger (born 14 July 1907). Franz (the soldier) was probably Johann's son.

What you have here are:

A document from a civilian hospital at Brannenburg in Upper Bavaria (a temporary wartime site for the surgical department of the Munich-Schwabing municipal hospital) dated 16th April 1944, stating that Mr. Johann Manger had been admitted to said hospital from 27th Feb. through 17th April 1944 for treatment of a perforated stomach ulcer. The document goes on to attest that he is still undergoing medical treatment and that he is to show up for a stomach X-ray at the hospital's main site during the following days. Signed by the head physician Dr. Franz.

A document from the same hospital dated 29th January 1945, attesting that Johann Manger had undergone severe stomach surgery and that he was still in poor general condition and in need of rest. He was found to still be unfit for work up until 1 April 1945.

A document of the Defense District Command Berlin X confirming that Franz Manger was called up for active military duty starting 5th June 1941. The document was to used as proof for getting familly allowance.

A document from the military physician of the Kraftfahrpark-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs Abteilung 3 [motor vehicle park replacement- and training detachment 3] dated 15th April 1943, attesting that Gefreiter Franz Manger was physically unfit for any field work.

A document dated 4th May 1945 from Oberfähnrich Franz Manger's military unit stating that he was dismissed fromt he army on the same day due to disbandment of the unit. His paybook and military driver's license were retained by the unit and he has been ordered to report to the local Defense District Command for handing over of the Wehrpaß to him. Signed by the unit's adjutant Leutnant Schmitt (perhaps Schmidt) and a military technical official candidate of the elevated career whose name appears to be Manger as well (or at least very similiar). Sorry; I can't give you a full, exact translation of the unit designation as I am at a loss to wha the "Et." and "H." stand for. In any case, it was some kind of motorized, mobile support unit connected to the armor branch.

A document dated 23rd May 45 from the municipal administration of Frauenau in Bavaria, confirming that Franz Manger had reported to their offices while passing through and requesting him to be allowed to continue on his travel home. It also confirms that he had lost his civilian ID. papers. The document is signed by a municipal employee or -official acting on behalf of the mayor. Note the de-nazified seal stamps.

Thank you!!!!
    Thanks for the time you spent translating all these i will keep them to my archive and print them so ii can display it next to the items
    I didn't noticed that there were 2 different people
    i really appreciate your effort!!!!!! ))

Andreas you are a top man !

Nice documents Greek!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Andreas is 'numero uno' in my book too - he has helped me out on wehrpass and soldbuch info many times and this forum would be the poorer without him.

I don't know how a lifetime member can be elevated further but he should be!!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you!
    here are some scanned pictures
    Gefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann MangerGefreiter Johann Manger