Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book

Article about: Hello, I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end

?

Default German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book

Hello,

I inherited my collection of WW2 memorabilia about 5 years ago (some items earlier) from my grandfather. Each piece was directly brought back to the U.S. by my grandfather at the end of the war.

I really can't tell you what this next item is (hopefully the pictures will help to identify it), because I couldn't find any information pertaining to it. It appears to be a pocket calendar/journal from 1940, with population and propaganda-related information preceding and following the calendar/journal portion. My grandfather used it in 1945 and 1946. It's leather-bound and appears to be made by the company LEW (but, that's just a guess). He obviously got it from Germany, as you can see from the written language on the pages. The first page has "Elektrische Kraft ist Unentbehrlich!" written on it, which means "Electrical Power is Indispensable!" There's tons of interesting pages in the book, including some in the back portion that identify German military symbols.

Some translations from the back portion of the book:
    It says "Spread of European Languages" on the top of page 8.
    It says "Badges and Medals" on the top of page 9.
    It says "Badges" on the top of page 10 and "Standards, Field Signs and Flags" in the middle of page 10.
    It says "Field Signs and Flags" on the top of page 11 and "Military ranks of the SA, SS, and NSKK" in the middle of page 11.
    It says "Military ranks of the political leader of the NSDAP" on the top of page 12.
    It says "Rank insignia of the Hitler Youth" on the top of page 13 and "Rank insignia of the Reich Labor Service" in the middle of page 13.

I appreciate any information that anyone can give me about this book.

Thanks,
    Gaines
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book   German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book  

German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book   German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book  

German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book   German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book  

German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book
    P
    Many

Default Re: German 1940 Journal/Calendar/Propoganda-informational Book

I do not know much about thoses books ,I have been looking for one like this for a long time .You have a nice one.I can tell you that the Hitler youth has a book like that for them to learn.

A neat little item. This is a calendar/diary and pocket reference handed out as a promotional item by the Lech-Elektrizitätswerke (Lech Electric Utility Company, named after the river Lech) at Augsburg in Swabia.
    The LEW company was founded in 1898 and is still in existence, here is their website:
    Willkommen bei LEW-Online

?

Wow, thanks so much HPL; that's some great information!