Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German actors war passport???

Article about: Hi all, Hope I can clear up some facts, which might make this passport an interesting piece of history. I believe the holder was a well-known German actor and that he went to perform for the

Default German actors war passport???

Hi all,

Hope I can clear up some facts, which might make this passport an interesting piece of history.

I believe the holder was a well-known German actor and that he went to perform for the troops during the war.

I am puzzled by the additional name that was given to him in passport: Othello Bockermann (?) and I am interested to know better about the journeys he made to: Bulgaria, Greece and Rowno...

Was it the Luftwaffe who took him to the front (?) and was he performing for the troops?

Last, was there a ceremony or important leader-visiting-event in Rowno at that time?

Sorry for all the questions...

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German actors war passport???   German actors war passport???  

German actors war passport???   German actors war passport???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German actors war passport???
    P
    Many

Default Re: German actors war passport???

did he use a publicity shot for his mugshot lol interesting piece though however is this te man here ?? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0045335/

Yes, and it does mention the fact that he is an actor.
    Mainly find it interesting that he might have gone to perform for the troops or participate in official events where leaders where visiting the troops, something like a German "Bob Hope"...

The passport has no new visas or entry back to Germany, so either this one was lost or stolen or he was issued new papers that he made use of instead of this original passport...

well the imdb carries his movies its a start if it is indeed the same man as to any further digging of info im sure theres smarter n better knowledged people out there than myself

Thanks for your help.
    Same DOB and place of birth, so we can assume it is the same person...

Rowno was the german/polish name for the Ukrain city of Rivne.
    See Rivne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i thought of the IMDB because they have the movie Kolberg mentioned on there so they do cover a lot of older international movies too

It seems he did not work for the Reich's Propaganda in doing movies but a regular actor during the war, did not see any such movies on that link.

Looking at the passport one can see that he some how joined the VIII. Fliegerkorps, or maybe was taken by them to perform...? would this mean he joined the air force temporarily?

On-line information does say that the VIII. Fliegerkorps was also in Bulgaria and Athens, close to the dates mentioned in the passport.

VIII. Fliegerkorps

have you tried entering his name into a search enjing and seeing if anything comes up? iv tried but all i seem to get is filmographies

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast