Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Heroes Day photo album from 1943

Article about: I found this small book in very good condition. It contains 61 beautiful pictures. I have not found a similar album online and I would love to hear from the many experts here who know the to

Default German Heroes Day photo album from 1943

I found this small book in very good condition. It contains 61 beautiful pictures. I have not found a similar album online and I would love to hear from the many experts here who know the town photographed and the officers who participated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Heroes Day photo album from 1943   German Heroes Day photo album from 1943  

German Heroes Day photo album from 1943   German Heroes Day photo album from 1943  

German Heroes Day photo album from 1943   German Heroes Day photo album from 1943  

Last edited by Karl Langer; 07-15-2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: add photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Heroes Day photo album from 1943
    P
    Many

There's nothing in the photographs from which to tell the location. The date is 21 March 1943 (that's when the 1943 Heldengedenktag was held).

The man with the white coat lapels is a Luftwaffe general officer (sorry, can't ID him). The political leader seen by his side in the first and second photo and third from left in the third one is a Kreisleiter of the NSDAP with the rank of Bereichsleiter.

The other uniformed men seen in the photos are from the Luftwaffe, Heer, Polizei, SA and the NSDAP corps of political leaders.

I tried identifying them by researching Luftwaffe generals and NSDAP personnel. The town too remains hidden from me. I added additional photos.

Have you seen a photo album like this before? It is approx. 5.5 inches long x 3. A little thing.

Sorry, there's nothing in those pictures by which I could identify the location. (But I like the picture with the veterans of the old army.) Yes; I've seen such small albums.

Thanks. I love this stuff. Great people and military.