Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German newspapers

Article about: Here is my Der Deutsche Sportflieger - September 1942. 50 pfennig gets you a colour cover and check those ads front rear

Default German newspapers

Good afternoon gents! Here are some of my German newspapers. First up is the 17.Juni 1941 issue of Kolonie und Heimat (Colony and native country), price 20 pfennig, from Wien. It features a beautiful shot of a banking Focke-Wulf Fw 200 Condor. Lovely looking aircraft, the Condor

German newspapers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German newspapers
    P
    Many

Default Re: German newspapers

Next up is the 1. Januar 1939 issue of N.S. Funk, a weekly radio program guide, 20 Pfennig from Berlin. Great shot of marching SA members, and check out those standards (?). It has the helpful bottom message of March in the new year!

German newspapers

Next up is the 5. März 1940 issue of Die Kriegsmarine, snooty naval types charge extra, 25 Pfennig! Published in Berlin.

German newspapers

Next up is the 1. Juni 1939 issue of NS Frauen Warte (Womens vantage point). 27 Pfennig, published in Leipzig. Ahh, those heady pre-war days, eh ladies!

German newspapers

Next up is the 14. September 1940 issue of Krafthand, priced at 2.80 Reichsmarks. Nice shot of a Dornier Do 18, which, according to the text, is about to be catapulted off to combat British pirates The Do 18 had the dubious honour of being the first Luftwaffe aircraft shot down in WWII, by a Blackburn Skua.

German newspapers

Next up is my issue of Berliner Bär (Berliner Bear), I can't find a date anywhere, but there are references to April several times, and there is a review of Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will, so I'm guessing it's 1935. Priced at 15 pfennig and published, oddly enough, in Berlin Cover features a nice shot of a Zeppelin.

German newspapers

Next up is my Juli 1938 issue of Deutsche Kriegsopferversorgung (German war victim's care), the journal of the NSKOV. Priced at 35 pfennig and published in Berlin. Cover appears to have a kette of Dornier Do 23s flying over Heer maneuvers.

German newspapers

Very nice collection. There must have been quite a few of these periodicals published throughout the Reich.

Up to the time that Hitler came to power, Germany had the most vibrant newspaper industry in the world. It also had, behind the USA, the worlds next largest film, radio and tv industry. The figures are astounding. When Hitler came to power in 1933, Germany had a well-developed communications infrastructure. Over 4,700 daily and weekly newspapers were published annually in Germany, more newspapers than in any other industrialized nation, with a total circulation of 25 million. Although Berlin was the press capital, small town presses dominated newspaper circulation (81% of all German newspapers were locally-owned). Eight papers published in larger cities, however, had established international reputations. Germany's movie industry ranked among the world's largest, its films had won international acclaim, and it had pioneered in the development of both radio and television. I shall post some more photos soon.

Nice collection of papers Troy, I really should pick some up for my collection.

Thanks for showing them,

Josh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast