Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

German newspapers

Article about: Here is my Der Deutsche Sportflieger - September 1942. 50 pfennig gets you a colour cover and check those ads front rear

Default Re: German newspapers

Next up is Berliner Illustrirte Zeitung - 8.April 1917, 10 Pfennig (front)

German newspapers

and rear

German newspapers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German newspapers
    P
    Many

I have a copy of the Olympia Zeitung #23 dated August 23 1936.I wish I could read German

Another WWI issue of Berliner Illustrirte Zeitung - 25.März 1917

front
    German newspapers

and rear
    German newspapers

Next up is my copy of Der Adler (The Eagle), dated 10.April 1941

front
    German newspapers

rear
    German newspapers

I like these very much. Been looking for a good deal ever since I let a good one slip through my fingers.
    Could make for a nice backdrop in collection.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Very interesting Troy , an underrated area of collecting and information from those times !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    One of mine from 1940.

The "West German Observer" headline reads "Calais in German hands"

Cheers, Ade.
    Your newspaper from the earlier part of the war is very interesting Ade, I especially like this bit: "Churchill plans new "Athenia"-misdeed - Assault on USA-steamer is being prepared to drive the United States into the war." Of course this piece is indicative of the rumor that was circulating in Germany (and elsewhere) that the British had sunk SS "Athenia" themselves to turn neutral opinion against Germany.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Very interesting Troy , an underrated area of collecting and information from those times !!
    I can only agree.

It has been a fascinating thread so far, Troy - I should get hold of some of these publications myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

What I really like about pre war and wartime newspapers and magazines are the adverts. Which is just what I hate in todays newspapers! I find these fasinating.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I completely agree Ade. Where else are you going to find ads, some of them full page, extolling the virtues of an Opel Blitzwagen or a Ju 87? For instance, from this run-of-the-mill two page spread we learn that Bosch sparkplugs help power Ju-88s, Henschel Flugzeug Werke AG of Berlin has an 8000 tonne press for industry, BLW (Bayer Leichtmetallwerke) of München make valves for S-Boats, BMW make twin radial engines for Fw 190s (Doppelsternmotor BMW 801 In Der Focke Wulf Fw 190), LGW Hakenfelde GMBH of Berlin AND Spandau make the electrics for the Fw 200 Condor, Deutsch Reichspost postal savings are comfortable savings, and that the Do 217 is a Stuka (STUrzKAmpfflugzeug). Also, what man wouldn't want to know that pure skin is healthy skin, thanks to Pitralon, which is a quality article? What more could you want from your leisure time reading?

German newspapers

Exactly, great stuff
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast