Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here is a really nice example of a"Rules of conduct for the civil population in cases of alarms and during actions" poster dated the 19th of July 1941. Over the years I have found

Default German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.

Here is a really nice example of a"Rules of conduct for the civil population in cases of alarms and during actions" poster dated the 19th of July 1941. Over the years I have found a few of these but they have always been one of the more scarcer posters to find. Being both in German and English makes it all the more interesting and points back to the 5 years of German Occupation that the Channel Islands endured.
    Hope you like it.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.   German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

?

Very interesting
    @+, hughes

Hi, Nice poster and great condition, have you any posters from the Jersey occupation you can share. Regards Scott

Hi Scott,
    I have a couple of dozen or so different posters from the Occupation of the Channel Islands tucked away here. I will see what I have pictures of later on, but am off to the range for a shoot right now as the weather is so nice.
    D

Thanks D, I would really appreciate that and I'm sure others would like to see any you have. Enjoy the range !

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    Hi, Nice poster and great condition, have you any posters from the Jersey occupation you can share. Regards Scott
    You should go and see his museum Scott. It'll make your eyes pop. Some really nice items

Hi John, Yeah I know it's great, I've been going there every year and off again next month for a week so will definitely be visiting the bunker.

Default More posters from the Channel Islands

Here's a few more to be going on with, hope you like them. All of these posters are quite scarce these days, what I have I have put together over the last 44 years. There are one or two "Channel Island" posters that appear on ebay every now and again... you won't see them here because they are not originals. They were made to make the unwary part with cash. I love these posters as they are quite "to the point" and reflect the time perfectly.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.   German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.  

German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.   German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.  

German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.   German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.  

nice finds.

Default Here's a few more posters.

These are some of the ones that I have been lucky enough to find over the years. Some are more plentiful than others but they are all relatively rare. I once had the opportunity to acquire quite a few that had been found in a suitcase. The chap who had them found them after his fathers death. His father had had the job of going round and putting them up. Any that were left over he just kept. They were only found by his son when clearing his fathers house.
    D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast