Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.

Article about: Here is a really nice example of a"Rules of conduct for the civil population in cases of alarms and during actions" poster dated the 19th of July 1941. Over the years I have found

?

An important historical collection sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.
    P
    Many

Nice poster, what type of raids did the RAF perform over Guernsey ??

Cheers

There were attacks on German shipping in St.Peter Port Harbour and a Typhoon made an attack on a German radar station in St.Sampsons. Sorry not to be more helpful here but I actually really don't know much about the raids that occurred other than those very basics bits of info.
    D

Interesting stuff, was there bombing of the harbour at the beginning of the occupation ???, the Germans thought the trucks at the harbour were military but in fact they were delivering tomatoes for export !!

Yes, the Germans bombed just before the Islands were captured. Basically because the British Government had forgotten or just didn't inform the Germans that the Islands had been de-militarised.
    D

Thanks for this Damien, I am off to Guernsey for a few days the end of this month, really looking forward it, only been once before to St.Peter Port and spent the afternoon walking around the shops with the gf !!

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German poster from Guernsey, Channel Islands.  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2