Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German Propaganda leafets

Article about: thought I would share of my collection of German propaganda leaflets. The first ones are aimed at encouraging allied troops to surrender and give themselves over to the delights of a German

Default Re: German Propaganda leafets

Hi Harry, these are great.

I have one or two to add, from Italy in 1945, but I need to unframe and scan them first.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Propaganda leafets
    P
    Many

Hi Harry,
    Worth waiting for they are great, dont see many of those these days thanks for showing us.
    Dave.

?

Great collection friend.
    My uncles said they made great butt wipe.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Great collection friend.
    My uncles said they made great butt wipe.
    best use of them I would say...but glad some survived that unsavoury end :-)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Harry, these are great.

I have one to add, from Italy in 1945, but I need to unframe and scan it first.

Cheers, Ade.
    would love to see it Ade as the Italian campaign leaflets tend to be crackers!

I will scan it tomorrow.

What has awalys tickled me about it is the fact it is price marked 1/ (One Shilling).

I do agree with Steve: the content and paper quality is only good for using as loo roll
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another couple of German leaftets. The first is a small satirical anti-English magazine aimed at the French population. Produced in 1942 and entitled "Our Friends the English"

The second is a broadsheet paper size reproduction of Hitler's speech to the Reichstag in July 1940, rather ironically called a Last Appeal to Reason!!! Condition of this one is not great, but given it may have been chucked out the bomb doors of a Heinkel, it's not too bad
    German Propaganda leafetsGerman Propaganda leafetsGerman Propaganda leafetsGerman Propaganda leafets

Here are the three items as promised.

I have owned these since the late 1980's when I bought them from a friend for a tenner. Sadly the condition is poor: the paper quality is terrible and someone had taken the dreaded sticky tape to them long before I got them.

Here is the first one with the one shilling price on the front. No idea on the thinking behind that? I can only guess they were trying to encourage British troops to pick them up trying to appeal to the "get something for free mentality"!

This one has a print date of March 1945. You can also see from the situation map, this is pretty late in the day, given the position of the frontline.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Propaganda leafets   German Propaganda leafets  

This one dates from February 1945. Nice colour pic of an Fallschirmjager with a wounded Tommy.

This tries to appeal to the notion that all soldiers are the same underneath the uniform they wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Propaganda leafets   German Propaganda leafets  

Final one, again from Feb 1945. The usual theme that tries to play on fear of Stalin's Russia....

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast