Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WH GBJ framed Service Certificate

Article about: Has anyone encountered this certificate before?

?

Default German WH GBJ framed Service Certificate

Has anyone encountered this certificate before?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WH GBJ framed Service Certificate
    P
    Many

Hey V while I never came across one, to me it comes across as totally believable. The imagery and style fits the period imo. I really like it. What is the artist signature in the top right corner? May be worth a google check. Best regards.

Brian

?

Hey Brian, this one just got posted on a dealers site. I have never seen this one, nor can I find much info about it. I think it says P or F Hail on the top right corner.

Here is the dealers description

In a nice condition a German Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager framed Service Certificate.
    The certificate is named and was issued in 1937 as part of the Wehrmacht Gebirgsjager Regiment 100.
    A hard to find certificate in it's original frame!

V I think I searched those name variations and couldn't find a similar image or piece. Still I think it's certainly something a solder would have purchased to commemorate his time in service. Similar to a formal wedding or baptism artist document u seen regularly in and times previous to the war. If the price was right I d think it would make a great display item. Best regards.

Brian

could you post a photo with more detail ?
    Personally i see no problem with it, these ornate documents are usually for lanyards/plaques/ service distinction
    A Luftwaffe and Kreigsmarine example below
    German WH GBJ framed Service CertificateGerman WH GBJ framed Service Certificate

These type of citations are fairly common although I haven't seen a GJ example before. I close up of the written details will reveal if it is ok or not as they were usually signed by the Kompanie-Chef and it could be possible to identify who that is.

?

I have the Luftwaffe and army ones, but have never seen this one. The dealer does not have clear pictures of the written information, which bothers me. I also can not copy the other 3 photos he posted.

Quote by visor View Post
    I have the Luftwaffe and army ones, but have never seen this one. The dealer does not have clear pictures of the written information, which bothers me. I also can not copy the other 3 photos he posted.
    If in doubt...

?

Someone else picked it up. I believe it looks period, but usually these have a stamp mark.....which this lacks. Either way, hope it is real for whoever bought it.