Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!

Article about: Hello all, Recently picked up this booklet and I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's a pre-ww2 booklet promoting Germany's colonies, has some great pictures of Germans living in Africa

?

Default Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!

Hello all,

Recently picked up this booklet and I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's a pre-ww2 booklet promoting Germany's colonies, has some great pictures of Germans living in Africa during the 1930s (see pics). The reverse of the booklet seems to be advertising a cruise around Africa. The Reich Colonial League stickpin is also mine, picked it up a few years ago. Thought they'd go well together

Curiously, the book features an ink stamp stating 'Hermann Goring - Schule, Knabenschule, Curhaven(?)' - see pics. Does anybody have anymore info regarding this stamp? Really hope it's not a fantasy ink stamp, similar to those used to 'spice-up' bank notes/documents etc. Would this book be from a school library? I have tried to research this stamp but unable to find any information online!

All opinions welcomed,

Cheers,

skip01.

Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Germany Needs Colonies Propaganda Booklet - Help!
    P
    Many

It's an guide book and reader for the Kolonialausstellung [Colonial Exhibition] held from 4 February to 15 April 1936 in Hamburg. On the reverse is an ad for holiday cruises to the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and Africa. The stamp is a property stamp from the Hermann Göring School for Boys in Cuxhaven.

?

Thanks for the detailed reply, HPL2008!

Info about the school here:

Bleickenschule – cuxpedia
    "Per Ardua"