Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Goring Portrait by Heinrich Hoffman

Article about: I recently picked up this period photo/portrait of Hermann Goring from the estate of a WW2 US Vet that was with the 1st. Infantry Division. This copy of a well known portrait by Heinrich Hof

?

Default Goring Portrait by Heinrich Hoffman

I recently picked up this period photo/portrait of Hermann Goring from the estate of a WW2 US Vet that was with the 1st. Infantry Division. This copy of a well known portrait by Heinrich Hoffman was apparently brought back or "smuggled" out of Germany at the closing of WW2.
    I was told that this one time folded up, 19 1/2" X 14" studio quality copy of Goring was smuggled out of Germany by an escaping German Jewish family member, as a reminder of the "man responsible of the Holocaust." I am a little skeptical as to "this" story, but I suspect that the "Big Red One" Vet, may have folded it up and brought it back.
    The Hoffmann Studio logo is clearly displayed in the lower right corner of the photo.
    I removed the photo from a rickety make shift frame in search for any other clues, writing etc. but none was found.
    I was unsure if this post should be in the Photo/propaganda section or the Art section.
    I also bought uniforms that belonged to this Vet.
    I realize that this photo must have been mass produced for propaganda.
    But If at all possible, I would like some thoughts on this Goring/Hoffmann Portrait.

Goring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich HoffmanGoring Portrait by Heinrich Hoffman Goring Portrait by Heinrich Hoffman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goring Portrait by Heinrich Hoffman
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice photo and uniform. Will compliment a collection, even in the condition, once it is properly framed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)