Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?

Article about: Hello everyone, Caleb here. I recently invested in a \\$75 USB microscope, it's awesome, check out the following Photos. . I am 100% here for FEEDBACK! I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THESE STAMPS! Where

Thumbs up Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?

Hello everyone, Caleb here.

I recently invested in a $75 USB microscope, it's awesome, check out the following Photos. . I am 100% here for FEEDBACK! I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THESE STAMPS! Where are all my NERDS AT?
    Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?

(let me know if there is a better place to share these photos with y'all, relatively new member)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got a new toy in the mail! Third reich era stamps!?
    P
    Many

?

Both appear to have been ripped off a postcard/letter. I would say they are real. Giving the fact they are stamps I would assume they are common and cheap.

25 Pf. (1941 - Mi. #793, Sc. #518) - Bright Ultramarine.
    30 Pf. (1941 - Mi. #794, Sc. #519) - Olive Green.

I found this information in the internet. 1941?! HOLY MOLY!!! AMAZING!!!!

They were both removed from letters, as they have the cancel ink stamps on them. Hard to make out the top one, but the bottom one bears the date of 7th August 1944.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    They were both removed from letters, as they have the cancel ink stamps on them. Hard to make out the top one, but the bottom one bears the date of 7th August 1944.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks to you and the person before who noted that they were cut off of letters, as I have an untrained eye. I wasn't sure if that is how they were made or if they were off of a letter. Now regarding the date stamped on there, I do see it in black ink! nice eye. Now is this black ink dated the day it was processed at the post-office? If I was researching correctly earlier, I found that the stamp was MADE in 1941. Is that wrong?

MAP
    ?

Dear "SirCaleb"

You certainly do have a most unorthodox enthusiasm which is interesting and in an odd way refreshing.

But, I for one, however am not a Nerd. And this goes for many of the members here.

Please, go back to your introductory thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Dear "SirCaleb"

You certainly do have a most unorthodox enthusiasm which is interesting and in an odd way refreshing.

But, I for one, however am not a Nerd. And this goes for many of the members here.

Please, go back to your introductory thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.
    Yep has me taken aback!!

Go check my introductory thread, guys. I posted something there. You shouldn't be taken aback, see I had to look that up. thanks for teaching me something new today. I am merely just a human being, average and ordinary.

?

I have hundreds of postage stamps from the Third Reich
    they are cheap, I do not believe that there are still fake ones
    in a few days I will take pictures of them to show them to you
    do you think there may be fake ones?

CBH
    ?

Stamp and coinage of the TR isn't a big area of collecting, so the values remain low.
    However as other relics of the Reich dry up, I'm sure the value will increase in the future.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast