Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got Signal?

Article about: My Bday coming up, spending a little too much on this and that, need your daily fix right? A small stack of these came in the mail, they are fantastic to look through. Here's a few pics from

Default Got Signal?

My Bday coming up, spending a little too much on this and that, need your daily fix right?

A small stack of these came in the mail, they are fantastic to look through. Here's a few pics from early and late mags, one dated 1940 and the other 1944. In the early one, interesting piece on how gleefully they were night bombing London, in the latest one, a nice piece on how joyfully they still march and and carry on as they are getting the snot bombed out of them, look at the buildings in the background.

These mags might be more fun than a pile of other militaria, and the posters, Wow! Eminently worthy of framing!!!

Enjoy.

Got Signal?

Got Signal?

Got Signal?

Got Signal?

Got Signal?
    Last edited by Larboard; 11-05-2015 at 03:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got Signal?
    P
    Many

I received several hardbound reprints of the "English" editions of SIGNAL magazine when I was a kid. They were very informative and interesting books. I don't have them anymore, I wish I did though. Wonderful fotos and graphics, lot's of colour and cool advertisements.
    I remember seeing adds by companies that I thought were American, such as: Singer Sewing Machines, Olympus Typewriters to name a few. Articles about German awards, degenerative live of young Americans, with their zootsuit's, swing music and jazz nightclubs, if my memory serves me. Really great military, on the "front" pictures too.

Good luck collecting these really wonderful pieces of WW2 German propaganda. Thanks for sharing!

Marcus

Thx for the response, I was beginning to think this was of no interest... After searching for more signal on the ol Bay, I ran across these two books (on the way right now from one bookstore) called; Signal Years of Triumph 1940-1942 and Signal Years of retreat 1943-1944. They were printed in the late 70's, go for dirt cheap! Probably a formidable picture collection. Really takes me back to when I was a kid, seeing a few of the WWII German propaganda color pics.

I like getting pics off the net too, but lately with all of the reenacting and people trying to pass off movie stills are period pics, you can't even trust pics to be real... At least the pics in the Signal mags are all real ;-)

I'll still be looking for more actual signal mags too.
    Last edited by Larboard; 11-05-2015 at 08:26 PM.

always a good buy at the right price.

Great photography in the Signal Magazines...I recently came upon an English-language issue, btw...They were published in many languages...And indeed very suitable for framing or as a backdrop for your militaria-display...
    cheers, Glenn

Wow, English would be interesting! I wonder who that was intended for, the US? I think the wealth of period pictures is priceless, snapshots back in time, and also the gear they were wearing.

?

Here in France, you can buy original Signal for very cool prices.
    The size is really good for pictures.
    this is few pictures i do from my own originals Signals.

Got Signal?

A famous one in poster :
    Got Signal?

An add for Mauser
    Got Signal?

Got Signal?

The voice of the Reich:
    ( The director Hans Frietsch, by radio speeches become famous outside the Reich frontiers ) translation of the words under the picture.
    Got Signal?

As we said in a previous post you can have an "instantané" of the France during this period.
    It 's very important for the comprehension of the 40'.

The English versions were for the Occupied Channel Islands and the Neutral Countries, but they were also intended to be seen by the Allies in order to deceive them as to German Strength & Potential...One of the reasons the Atlantik-Wall was also referred to as the "Propaganda-Wall"...
    Glenn

Thumbs up

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I ran across these two books (on the way right now from one bookstore) called; Signal Years of Triumph 1940-1942 and Signal Years of retreat 1943-1944.

The books are well worth having, and there is a third one ( from the same publisher ) called 'Best Of Signal'. The photography alone ( especially the colour pics ) make Signal an essential item of WWII ephemera.....

Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got Signal?   Got Signal?  

Got Signal?   Got Signal?  

Got Signal?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast