Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grossdeutschland Pz grenadier group

Article about: Hi folks, recently got this. Stewy

The signature you are looking for is that of Wolfgang Heesemann (RK & Ehrenblattspange) who was killed in action in February 1945.
    I saw this on Klaus's auction and while I am a GD paperwork collector I already had a couple of bids in on other items so never went for it.
    It is a nice set and a definite bonus for me is that I have finally been able to identify the signature of the Oberleutnant seen on images 7, 8 & 9 as he has his name typed on image 9 while he has also signed it on the left. It is that of Reiner Jaenecke (Ehrenblattspange) but I have a database of GD signatures and for years he has been in it as 'Unknown Nr 12'!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grossdeutschland Pz grenadier group
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Kevin !!

Yes, many thanks indeed Kevin. Also I'm glad #12 is now off your "unknown" list. Stewy

Interestingly I also have a citation set to a Unteroffizier in the same Kompanie as your soldier and two of the battles listed on his IAB Antrag are the same as two of those listed on the reverse of your IAB citation.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Interestingly I also have a citation set to a Unteroffizier in the same Kompanie as your soldier and two of the battles listed on his IAB Antrag are the same as two of those listed on the reverse of your IAB citation.

Thanks for showing Kev. Nice to see some corresponding dates. Stewy

Here is a basic map showing the movement of GD during the period that your man earned his IAB. As you can see, Tryskiai is just to the northwest of Schaulen and your man won his 3rd combat day fighting on the main supply route near that place.
    I have also attached an excerpt from Vol 2 of Spaeter's history of GD that gives an overview of what I/Pz.Gren.Rgt GD was involved in that day.

Grossdeutschland Pz grenadier groupGrossdeutschland Pz grenadier group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2