Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf

Article about: This thread is intended to be a collector’s guide to buying various editions of Mein Kampf. The book’s publishing history is confusing, so you will probably see something in here with which

Unused you say? Sounds to me like a unique one then isn't it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Guide to Collecting Mein Kampf
    P
    Many

JustAGuy1250; I would not say that it is unique, but it's an example that doesn't come along very often. Those editions were printed by the hundreds, and there had to be a certain number of copies that were never used. How many that might be, I can't say. It is, however, interesting for having not been used, especially if you could put it alongside one that had been used. If one came along that was in nice shape and not over-priced, I would certainly buy it. Dwight

JMM; NS-Gauverlag und Druckerei, Tirol Ges.m.b.H. Innsbruck printed that edition, with minor differences, starting in 1939. The books printed by Gauverlag were the first to use the Antigua typeface prior to 1942 when the shift to Antigua started. One of the reasons for the conversion from Fraktur typeface to Antigua was so that non-German speaking people could more easily read the book, assuming they could read German. Gauverlag did print editions for Poland and other east European countries. Is yours one of those? Dwight

JMM
    ?

Thanks for the explanation, Dwight. The book is not mine, just found it online. Decided to post it here once it's a "regular" edition but slipcased.
    Thank you.

I have posted this in its own thread, but thought it would be best to post it here, too. This was a recent pickup, and a relatively cheap one. My gut tells me it's a postwar edition.

Attachment 1399168Attachment 1399169Attachment 1399166Attachment 1399167Attachment 1399165Attachment 1399170

Regards, B.B.

BrodieBartFast, that is an interesting copy and very clean. According to the publication page this edition was reset in 1942, which makes me believe that it is a wartime edition. Typically, publication pages are accurate with regard to publication dates unless someone other than the original publisher, in this case Hurst & Blackett ,reproduced the book as a pirate copy. I do not think that is the case here because the book looks too good, a well-made, heavy binding, crisp, cut pages, and sharp typeface. Dwight

JMM
    ?

I believe this was the Hurst & Blackett 90th (1942).
    I guess that in 1942 or 43 the place where these books were printed was bombed by the germans so not much more editions came out after this one.
    Never saw it in red cover nor with this dust jacket.

Attachment 1399331Attachment 1399332Attachment 1399333

Thanks for the good news, guys. I bought it on a hunch that it was an oddity, and I’m glad to have been proven right! It being a likely wartime edition makes me glad I took the gamble.

Regards, B.B.

I love the irony of the Germans bombing a publisher who is publishing Mein Kampf. There must be a message there. Dwight

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast