Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hannes Immen of SS Pz Rgt. 5 Wiking.

Article about: hey all. I came across this man`s name in the book by Stackpole Armored Battles of the Waffen SS on pages 231-235. He was a friend of the famous SS Unterscharfuhrer Siegfried Melinkat also f

Default Hannes Immen of SS Pz Rgt. 5 Wiking.

hey all.

I came across this man`s name in the book by Stackpole Armored Battles of the Waffen SS on pages 231-235. He was a friend of the famous SS Unterscharfuhrer Siegfried Melinkat also from Wiking.

I am looking for useable information about Hannes Immen..

thanks alot.
    Kent

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hannes Immen of SS Pz Rgt. 5 Wiking.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hannes Immen of SS Pz Rgt. 5 Wiking.

Kent i know Siegfried Melinkat well and have a copy of his book , i'll check it out for any mention of Immen !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thanks alot Paul. I havent been on this forum very long..but have an immense interest in particular faces of certain Divisions. I am a scale modeller aswell and have made Siegfrieds Panzer IVJ in Hungary at Hegyikastely,just north of Biscke. A good friend of mine Mirko Bayerl is the man that is the reason i found out about Siegfried Melinkat and he knew Siegfried very well indeed. Even though Siegfried is deceased unfortunately, i would very much like to hopefully know more about and even a picture of Hannes Immen and to know his Turret number of his Panzer IVJ in Hungary?, perhaps you can help me with that?.

thanks alot
    Kent/France

?

Hannes Immen is mentioned in Melinkats book as one of the last five Panzer Commanders of 2 Kompanie in Hungary in 1945 , there is also a photo of him taken in 1943 but i cannot see anyhting relating to his Panzer Turret number etc!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

hey Paul ok well thats somewhat new, news. I know Melinkat lost his Panzer IVJ in the Jeno Kessel March 22-23 1945 in Hungary. I would love to know a turret number hopefully of Hannes Immen. I know Immen was part of the Western last ditch defensive actions with Melinkat in March 45 at Stuhlweissenburg.

It could of been Panzer IVJ 200,202,203,204, 213??? i dont know exactly. I know Erick Bock was another Panzer IVJ commander part of the 2. Kompanie with Melinkat and Immen. Bock had panzer 212, but lost it during Konrad III at Adony, and later commanded a Jagdpanther.

?

Last five Panzer IV Commanders were Melinkat , Immen , Lasch, Pickel and RKT Helmut Bauer !! Erich Bock was a Zugfuhrer with 2 Kompanie.

1st July 1916

indeed, the last 5. I know of only 1 picture of a Wiking Panzer IVJ in Hungary 45 and thats at Hegyikastely 211. 211 was an improvised Befehls panzer.

The search continues, i will need to ask my friend Mirko if he knows anything more about Immen, all i need is a turret number!.

Valhalla here I come!.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hannes Immen of SS Pz Rgt. 5 Wiking.  

Hello

this photo was recognized by Douglas E. Nash (who wrote "Hell's gate") as Pz.IV of RKT Willi Hein and officer first from left is RKT Fritz Vogt. If i correct Nash knew personally Herr hein and probably he told him ID of this photo from Bitschke.

Hey, thanks a lot Gunter83, it means alot to me to find out more about SS pz Rgt.5 in Hungary 1945. The photo your mentioned is of the Hill top mansion of Hegyikastely all of it is gone now and is over grown. I was thinking if someone did a survey with ground penetrating radar to see what this kind of Alamo looked like in Jan 1945. I know it was partially surrounded by three walls with a small corridor, a supply corridor from Hegyikastely to Vasztely a town up North of Hegyikastely.

Thanks for your time.

?

Vogt died of wounds at an HVP on 3/4/45 whilst commanding I / Norge which had been part of Wiking since there reformation following the retreat from Oranaianbaum , so dates the photo prior to thast as i believe Doug is correct that is Vogt.

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast