Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Happy for opinions regarding one early "Kampfzeit" 1921 NSDAP poster

Article about: Hello Gents, First posted this in another, less accurate part of the forum... I got hold of a (what looks to me to be an original) NSDAP poster from February 1921 regarding Hitlers sixth spe

Default Happy for opinions regarding one early "Kampfzeit" 1921 NSDAP poster

Hello Gents,

First posted this in another, less accurate part of the forum...

I got hold of a (what looks to me to be an original) NSDAP poster from February 1921 regarding Hitlers sixth speech in the Cirkus Krone in Munich.

This is the data so far
    - The size is perfect A4.
    - No visible rips or other damage to the edges.
    - Slight yellowing to the edges.
    - Printing looks good and crude, no pixels and seems to be ink.
    - The classic "old book smell" is present.
    - All the information on the poster is correct (Hitler did really hold a rally that very day on the same subject in Cirkus Krone).
    - If the poster is held in front of a electronic light the paper shows some irregularities and stains within the paper itself.

The reasons I am sceptic is the extremely fine condition of the poster overall, the format (A4 was used but not a standard paper format before 1922 in Germany). Another thing is that every early posters I've seen from that age is red or magenta, not white, see the attached image. Items such as these from early 1921 should by all means show more wear than this piece do...

The poster.

Some of the irregularities as well as the structure in the paper shown with a light source.

The printing.

Another NSDAP poster from the same period in red (not mine).

Happy for any ideas.

All the best,
    Tyler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Happy for opinions regarding one early "Kampfzeit" 1921 NSDAP poster
    P
    Many

No one? :-)

Hey Tyler, you've actually had almost 100 people look at this, which is a fair number. 1921 is pretty early, so your pool of knowledgeable folks on this is smaller than after 1929 or 30 I'd guesstimate. I don't know about the size of the type and all that, however, I can tell you not to disregard originality because of it lacking wear. I've scene and had in my hand verified original American Civil War documents that look like they were printed an hour ago. Hang in there, hopefully someone will be able to give you insight into originality.

Jay