Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heinrich Himmler Signature

Article about: Hey Andreas, I think your book use to be in my collection ! Bob, wonderful pieces of history and thanks for sharing them.

Default Re: Heinrich Himmler Signature

Hey Andreas, I think your book use to be in my collection ! Bob, wonderful pieces of history and thanks for sharing them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heinrich Himmler Signature
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heinich HimmlerSignature

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Very interesting! I'm not the only one who has problem with hair:-) Can anyone identify the rings himmler has? Just some gold signet rings?
    Himmler was fond of wearing rings, including signet and pinkie rings. The unique photo Bob has shown is interesting as it shows Himmler wearing his Totenkopf ring on his left ring finger. He always wore his gold wedding band behind it.

Here are a couple of pic's showing him wearing it. The resolution is not too clever on the Goring, Himmler, Hitler photo taken during a winterhilfeswerk drive in 1934, but he is wearing his TK ring outside his wedding ring. The photo is unusual in that all three are shown smiling together, not often seen that!

The other shot shows Himmler again smoking a cigar, and the TK ring is also visible. Himmler was a stickler for regulation, and ruled that the ring should be worn on the ring finger, left hand, with the skull facing outward. But, in reality, there are many photographs of ring holders wearing them either skull inward or outward on the right hand and skull inward on the left.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heinrich Himmler Signature  
    Attached Images Attached Images Heinrich Himmler Signature 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Superb images Ned, thanks for adding those to the thread. Himmler had many such idiosyncrasies, and you've highlighted another with your post. Thank you.

Regards,

Carl

I have a couple of the photographs from that party on that day in the collection:

Heinrich Himmler SignatureHeinrich Himmler Signature

I've posted them before in the "SS photographs" thread, but they fit nicely here as well.

Several of the individuals who signed that sheet of paper are here including Wilhelm Murr (the Gauleiter to the left of Frau Arnold), Wilhelm Meinberg (to the immediate right of Himmler) and, of course, Himmler himself.

The man seated in the second photo (partly obscured) between Arnold's wife and Wilhelm Murr is Walther Darre.

The photographer who took these pictures was Wilhelm Walz.

I realize the number of "Wilhelms" at this function can be tiresome and I apologize for that.

Heinrich Himmler Signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3