Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with Document - Pz. Regiment 33

Article about: Well, Ive been researching/translating a bunch of documents from a Feldwebel in Panzer Regiment 33 "Prinz Eugen" (9th Pz. Div.) and I am stuck on something here. The man was killed

?

Default Re: Help with Document - Pz. Regiment 33

alright, well after breifly translating....I believe this proves your assumption of him being awarded the "enlisted mans rank" of the Order. It says he was Awarded the "Bulgarian Soldiers Cross of Bravery 1st Class... of the Teutonic Order".
    I guess the first document I posted was sent with the new Wehrpass entry...and this was sent previously to let her know that he was awarded it.

Im assuming this is what it looks like: ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Document - Pz. Regiment 33  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Document - Pz. Regiment 33
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Thanks a bunch again. So this document was sent from eastern part of Bavaria? is this correct? (upper palatinate)
    Roßmann's hometown Oberviechtach is in the Upper Palatinate [Oberpfalz], and that's where the letters/documents were sent to and where the death card was printed. The Upper Palatinate district is in Eastern Bavaria, yes.
    See: Upper Palatinate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just found another document (among alot) that I believe stated something about the Bulgarian Order again. I will post it, but I have not yet tranbslated it. from what I can barely read, Im wondering if it is a different award/order ?
    It's the decoration I had initially suspected, the Soldiers' Cross for Bravery in War, here referred to as the Soldatenkreuz des Tapferkeitsordens [Soldiers' Cross of the Bravery Order], i.e. the enlisted ranks' version of the Order of Bravery.

I'm off to work now, will add a full translation of the letter at a later time.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-16-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Alright, the letter says:

"Duty station of
    Field Post-No. 22567

In the field, 19 June 1942.

Dear Mrs. Roßmann!

On the grounds of your husband's dashing actions in the Balkan Campaign, he has been decorated with the Royal Bulgarian "Soldiers' Cross of the Bravery Order" I. Class. Attached, I am sending you the decoration with the award certificate and assure you that the company shall forever remember him and is proud that he has been awarded this decoration.

In the name of the company, I send you best regards, hoping that you as well as your daughter are well.

Heil Hitler!

[Signed: illegible]

Oberleutnant and commander of the unit.

PS: Please confirm receipt of the decoration in the enclosed certificate of receipt and, after signing, return the certificate to the Field Post-No. 22567
    "

The image you posted shows the correct decoration and grade. This is the Bulgarian Soldier's Cross for Bravery in War, 1st Class.

(The 1st Class - as shown here - was gold with the traverse bar of "fish-tailed" ribbon. The 2nd Class was gold without the traverse ribbon. The 3rd Class was silver with the traverse ribbon, the 4th Class silver without the traverse ribbon and the 5th Class was bronze.)

?

Awesome Andreas, thanks again for your time and help. Both of your translations were alot more thorough than what I was able to come up with. The E-translator I use only gives a rough estimate and broken sentences, which I then do my best to piece together. So it is nice to have the exact translation. Thank you.

The printed documents are alot easier to translate compared to the feldposts+handwritten notes for me tho! I have alot of things to go through, as I have picked up a few more groupings from different Soldiers of the same Pz Regiment.

Oh, and thanks for the confirmation that I had the correct Order/medal posted.

Both of your translations were alot more thorough than what I was able to come up with. The E-translator I use only gives a rough estimate and broken sentences, which I then do my best to piece together. So it is nice to have the exact translation.
    You're welcome. To be honest, I don't like E-translator tools the slightest bit. At best, they can be useful to provide one with the general drift of a document or website, at worst their results can be totally misleading. I am afraid there's still no replacement for actually learning a language...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2