Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help on a German Maj Gen Please

Article about: Guys Can I ask for some help on this name I have inside a very ornate blotting paper holder! It was presented to Harold Owen who worked for ENSA. Entertaining the troops. There are newspaper

Default Help on a German Maj Gen Please

Guys
    Can I ask for some help on this name I have inside a very ornate blotting paper holder!

It was presented to Harold Owen who worked for ENSA. Entertaining the troops.
    There are newspaper cuttings with it, but the date (26th September) might be more important than i first thought
    I have trawled through my list of RK holders as well as German cross, honour clasp for the name which I thought it was LUBECK or LUBIECKE?

I cannot find anything remotely like it looks apart from the commander of the 87 Division, but they weren't in Europe at the time..........???

hiope (well i know someone will) you can help on this one
    Ta
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on a German Maj Gen Please   Help on a German Maj Gen Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on a German Maj Gen Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help on a German Maj Gen Please

I can't say that I can make it out either. The date was one day after the end of Market Garden so I doubt it is from there, and the only Generalmajor linked with that battle I can find is Friedrich Kussin who was the city commander of Arnhem and was killed on the 17th Sept.
    There is always the chance that the person presenting it has mis-spelt the name or Anglicised it in the same way he has changed the rank from Generalmajor to Major-General.

Default Re: Help on a German Maj Gen Please

Cheers Kev
    didn't think i was that lucky