Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?

Article about: Hello, I found these Argentine documents about the Graf Spee. What do you think about this? Real or false?

?

Default HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?

Hello,
    I found these Argentine documents about the Graf Spee. What do you think about this? Real or false?

HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

These type of items are not something I know anything about, but we would need clearer photos that can be expanded.

What is the date of the document? The crew were taken to Argentina after the ship was scuttled in 1939.

The last document (dated 41?) is basically a "pass" to the interned German sailor and an promise not to travel more than 50 Km from the city. I have seen these posted on the forum before.

I'm not seeing any read flags (based on my extremely limited experience) but better photos will be needed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Map,
    thanks for you informations. There is more photos:
    HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?
    Attached Images Attached Images HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document? 

MAP
    ?

Photos are slightly better but still hard to read. Doesn't help in that it is a mimeograph. The main document appears to be a list of sailors. I can make out what appears to be those wounded / hospitalized. but not much more

That said, I'm not seeing any red flags to the document itself from what I can see from these photos.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks again for your opinion,

I have questions about the seal of these documents. In other discussions, I've seen discussions about these stamps. If the documents were original and fake stamps.

MAP
    ?

Quote by joaobr View Post
    Thanks again for your opinion,

I have questions about the seal of these documents. In other discussions, I've seen discussions about these stamps. If the documents were original and fake stamps.
    That is possible. One question I had is why would there be a German KM stamp on these documents. They were interned in Argentina. Maybe the KM had their own administration within the internment camp under Argentine?. I don't know. I'm sure some internet searching will turn up some information.

Hopefully others might know.

Hello,
    I've picked up a few of these over the last couple of years. Some with Argentian seals, and some with, Montevideo, Uruguay. I actually had this one pic sitting on my dining room table, I would have to dig through some boxes to look for the others. I do know some, did have the KM, Graf Spee seal. So I would assume they would have had someone in administration on the Graf Spee, sealing documents alongside, South American officials, but I don't believe all of them, for instance this one doesn't. I believe someone in Argentian or Uruguayan, records department is selling these off via the internet. Anyway, if I find these papers, I'll let you know, about the KM seal, hopefully some moron didn't put these deals on original documents to try and increase value.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP! Identification of Graf Spee Document?  

?

Hello Kristian,

Many thanks for your infos and for the image!
    I have been researching on this type of documents and have contacted an expert in the history of Graf Spee in Argentina. The Argentine Julio B. Mutti. I sent these and a few more pictures for him. He considers them original and linked to Graf Spee's role-management office (oficina de administración de roles del Graf Spee). An office created in Argentina to manage Graf Spee staff.
    It looks like we're going the right way now.

Thanks for all.