Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions

Article about: Just in case any of my fellow Forum members fancy picking up a souvenir from the German Occupation of Jersey then please be advised to stay away from the envelopes that I have just seen on t

Default Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions

Just in case any of my fellow Forum members fancy picking up a souvenir from the German Occupation of Jersey then please be advised to stay away from the envelopes that I have just seen on that well known internet auction site. The envelopes and stamps are all original but the additional eagle and swastika still has wet ink. They look terrible and who ever is making them is ruining original items with these stamps and somewhere along the line someone will spend money on what is now utter rubbish. So anything you see that looks similar is a total waste of time and money. Hope this saves someone from making a mistake.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions  Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions  Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions  Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here we go again! German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions
    P
    Many

I saw those envelopes just today, I noticed them. What a shame they had to take Genuine stamps and Genuine envelopes and tart them up with absurd and wholely Un-needed silly Nazi ink stamps! Arent the stamps and envelopes worth collecting by themselves? Why add this nonsense to them!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Some people are just stupid!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for the heads up Damien !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Damien..sad to this this happen to history....... a suggestion would be to rename the thread title..to draw more viewers....when using search engines. This way more would see what wrong has been done to these artifacts....... One such title could be.." German Occupation of Jersey Islands Reproductions"....or something similiar..... to get the word out on these defaced envelopes. Regards Larry

In our own WRF search engine..the phrase. "Here we go again" turned up 10 pgs of threads with that phrase in the threads itself. Where numerous items of topic..are discussed. Im just want to draw attention to the envelopes and the Jersey Islands in a faster way.
    Last edited by Larry C; 02-01-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

A very good point from Larry C, could the moderators make the change on behalf of all?

Paul

As i for one could have been caught out but for this thread.

Sorted.

Thanks for showing these D.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!