Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Himmlers signature

Article about: G'day all, I wondered if you would mind taking a look at this document and giving me your opinions on it. It is being offered by a dealer who has been around since the sixties, I hope the si

?

Default Re: Himmlers signature

My mistake i have some promotion documents signed by Von Herff but didn't check my files and went from memory which is starting to fade i fear !!

Thank you for your input and experience in these matters and for sharing it , an interesting learning thread !!

Dave i hope that the price is also good for this document ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmlers signature
    P
    Many

now i know its not latrines it looks a very interesting document with some high up names involved very nice dave if the price is right and all that???

I don't do signatures, but I highly respect Woske's opinion and if I were buying one, he would be my first port of call.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

G'day all, I have decided to go ahead with buying the document. The dealer is asking $1200 for it which seems quite good considering some of the prices I have seen these thing fetching. I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question, be they positive, negative or unsure, the knowledge you blokes (and ladies) possess never ceases to amaze me and the generous way in which you all freely give advice is greatly appreciated and certainly made my decision much easier. Thank you one and all. If I am lucky enough to get this thing I will post some photos of it when it arrives, cheers, Dave.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Good points Carl and i'm glad we are stimulating some real discussion

cheers

paul
    .i understand my opinion meant nothing paul as im a new collector,but as im retired now i have spent many hours researching and studying himmler and the ss formation, admittedly my replies are only MY opinion and always open to doubt. i fear i wont post replies to which im not "qualified " to say from now, however i may still ask the odd question. i hope i dont appear rude, most sincerely george w

?

The most important issue here, is that between the members of the forum the signature has been verified as an authentic example. So, Dave will be able to make his purchase and enjoy the item for many, many years to come. Has to leave one with a good feeling in these days when so many replicas and forgeries abound.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Look after it and enjoy it Dave!

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    The most important issue here, is that between the members of the forum the signature has been verified as an authentic example. So, Dave will be able to make his purchase and enjoy the item for many, many years to come. Has to leave one with a good feeling in these days when so many replicas and forgeries abound.

Regards,

Carl

Well said.
    The asking price is high, but if you are happy with it, it's a genuine Himmler piece.
    Woske.

?

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    .i understand my opinion meant nothing paul as im a new collector,but as im retired now i have spent many hours researching and studying himmler and the ss formation, admittedly my replies are only MY opinion and always open to doubt. i fear i wont post replies to which im not "qualified " to say from now, however i may still ask the odd question. i hope i dont appear rude, most sincerely george w
    George,
    I've been collecting these things for 40 years and I've been retired for 8 years. What I know is just scratching the surface, even though I have researched Himmler and the SS for nearly my whole life. I believe I still have a lot to learn.
    Woske.

?

Quote by GEORGE View Post
    George of course your opinion is valid and you don't appear in anyway rude , all i wanted was to expand the discussion on the signature in order that all may learn and a well informed decision could be made by Dave as to whether to make the purchase or not !!

cheers

paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by TIGER88 View Post

Regards,

Carl

Totally agree Carl excellent work by all concerned !!

1st July 1916

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast