MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Himmlers signature

Article about: G'day all, I wondered if you would mind taking a look at this document and giving me your opinions on it. It is being offered by a dealer who has been around since the sixties, I hope the si

Default Re: Himmlers signature

This is also likely a piece stolen from the Berlin Document Center in Berlin at some point, so its ownership might have legal problems.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmlers signature
    P
    Many

Uh Oh, Dave....I see a visit from the Geheime Staats Polizei in your future... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Uh Oh, Dave....I see a visit from the Geheime Staats Polizei in your future... William
    Certain of the staff sold off leading SS officer files in the 1970s or the 1980s, and it led to arrests and what not. I am not certain, but this is a significant document, if it is real. The US Berlin Document Center contained the NSDAP files, as well as the SS files (membership) was were returned to the Germans when the US presence in Berlin ended in the mid 1990s.

I don't mean to be the turd in the punch bowl, but in this digitalized world, it is only thus. I have no ulterior motive.

Great convo I am still at awe when I see all of the knowledge on this forum!

Bloody hell, well they'll have a long way to travel to get this one back, I'll be in no hurry to part with it. Thanks FB, how intriguing to think it may have been stol.......hang on, a black Mercedes has just pulled up out front and a bunch of big blokes in black leather coats are piling out and running up to the front door..what's that red on their arm......

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Bloody hell, well they'll have a long way to travel to get this one back, I'll be in no hurry to part with it. Thanks FB, how intriguing to think it may have been stol.......hang on, a black Mercedes has just pulled up out front and a bunch of big blokes in black leather coats are piling out and running up to the front door..what's that red on their arm......
    I am sorry to rain on your parade, and surely I do not want to deprive you of your valuable property. If you do some research into the Berlin Document Center issue, I think you will find out what I mean. It is a fine and interesting document, very typical of Himmler the a$$ hole and amateur military leader.
    However, I have some professional familiarity with these things, that this page is surely from his file, as the stamp indicates as well as all the crayon initials that persons read same up and down the chain.

with best wishes, FB

Thanks FB, I do appreciate your input and I hope my lame attempt at humour has no insulted you. It is certainly interesting that this document may have been stolen, if that is the case, and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying, then there must have been many hundreds, if not thousands of documents stolen. Surely it would simply be unviable economically to pursue them all.

Thanks. Do look under Berlin Document Center theft, and there is a NYT article from the trial in 1988 at which time the guilty were punished. Many of the document were, in fact, gotten back. In any case, happy collecting, and I do not mean to be a pissant. I do this for a profession, history, that is, and archives are something important in this respect. The staff was raping the collection and selling it off. with best wishes, FB

Thanks FB, I agree with you that it is important to preserve historic documents, particularly for future generations and this one will be no exception. I actually have a few documents which are historically important to Australian history, they date from the mid 1800's and concern convict transportation to the then Swan River Colony which is now known as Perth. I have given access to them to several museums and libraries and have allowed several copies to be made for historical and research purposes. These documents are stored in museum quality acid free folders contained in my filing cabinet. I can assure you the Himmler document will be safely looked after to be passed down to my daughter one day.

thanks and I am sure that you will. Happy collecting. FB

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast