Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

hitler and mussolini czechoslovakia museum photo

Article about: quite a few different SS and Hitler photos are surfacing in my area, all due to this same czech museum i belive. When I see a photo like this I have so many questions. My first questions tha

Default hitler and mussolini czechoslovakia museum photo

quite a few different SS and Hitler photos are surfacing in my area, all due to this same czech museum i belive. When I see a photo like this I have so many questions. My first questions that pop in my mind are value (some unpublished photos go for a lot!), and is it one of a kind. I did some research and found this photo on a few online archives. I belive this photo is from venece when Hitler visited in 1943 I belive. Also why would this museum or archive be holding these photos in the first place? Does anyone know the museum and is familiar with markings on the back? Also what would I concider this item... would I call this an original? when researching I found a few for sale on iOffer from the same museum and even had the same signiture on back. any comments or answers to my question would be great!
    Thanks!
    Beau

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement hitler and mussolini czechoslovakia museum photo
    P
    Many

I suppose at one time TR photos such as these may have
    been kept in museum archives, but there seems to be
    too many 'out there'. They all have that strange
    undecipherable scrawl on the reverse, and it's
    entirely possible that at this point, they're
    all reprints.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

All these photos with this- the same "signature" on the back- and the "number" in the corner are all reprints. The old story (if i remember correctly now) is that they come from russian archive, but since that story dont hold water anymore they are trying to sell the same pieces with a new story "it came from a Chech museum"

Same old copy, new background story

I never buy ANYTHING on ioffer, ebay or other. I only use dealers with good reputation because that reduces the amount of post 45 made militaria i will loose money on.

Yes it will be more "expencive", but yes i know atleast i have a bigger chance to only have good militaria in my collection.

Use your money wisely. Easy to use, difficult to earn........

I believe this is a Russian archive fake if I remember the "fake photos" thread correctly.

hitler and mussolini czechoslovakia museum photothankful I didnt pay much for it! to be honest they are poping up EVERYWHERE in my small city of 80,000 people. I belive the local gold and silver buyer bought a bunch if them and also a military surplus store. The funny thing is that I made a little trade for the item, and the military collector I bought them from told me he got it from the surplus store and the owner of that store said he had bought a bunch of them off of this russian guy who walked in one day... very strange, I will see if I can dig a bit deeper in this case. I checked the photo under a blacklight and it somewhat glowed in certin spots, but seemed to have been covered with a stain of some sort that covers up a lot of the glowing. it sure did fool me, it looks genuine and old. also another thing I wanted to mention was that under a black light you can see the impression of what looks like another photo that was layed on top (small one in top left and larger can be seen in top right of photo attached) Thanks,
    Beau