Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Photo

Article about: Hi,.....looking for some help with a photo a got at auction some years back. It appears to be a real photo and not just a copy , but would like someone else's opinion. Other then Hitler and

Default Hitler Photo.....Help.

Hi,.....looking for some help with a photo a got at auction some years back. It appears to be a real photo and not just a copy , but would like someone else's opinion. Other then Hitler and Himmler can anyone help identify the others in background? Also ,...what does the Russin print on the back mean?......is it fake? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.....Dean427
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Photo   Hitler Photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Photo
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    I don't dare to judge the authenticity but I believe the Russian stamp says: "removed from use" (СNЯТО С УЧЁТА).

It is a "Russian Archive" fake, you can tell by the markings on the back and the quality of the images. It would have been reprinted 100s of times.
    Morris

Thanks so much for the info. I wound have to believe that regardless of how many time it was produced , it's still a real photo with real images, and still a period photo. Is this a photo anyone has seen before?

Quote by dean427 View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. I wound have to believe that regardless of how many time it was produced , it's still a real photo with real images, and still a period photo. Is this a photo anyone has seen before?
    It's obviously a period image, but not a period photo.

Militaria dealer sites and especially online auctions are flooded with these "Russian archive" fakes that allegedly came out of the archives after the fall of the Eastern Bloc. In reality they are simply mass-produced modern prints of old images with spurious markings added to give credibility to the made-up story of their origin.

If you print out any Third Reich photo you found on the internet, you have essentially the same thing as this item in terms of value and historicity.