Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler photos - never seen before?

Article about: I bought these supposedly original photos of Hitler. Can anyone ID some of the people in the photos and about what time period they were taken?

?

Default Hitler photos - never seen before?

I bought these supposedly original photos of Hitler. Can anyone ID some of the people in the photos and about what time period they were taken?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler photos - never seen before?   Hitler photos - never seen before?  

Hitler photos - never seen before?   Hitler photos - never seen before?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler photos - never seen before?
    P
    Many

?

The one with the dog is a famous photograph which I've seen before. I don't think that's his well-known dog, Blondi, though, because she had more tan in her coat.

Like Erno said, these photos have been seen before. If you do a photo search via Google, you can find these photos on the net. I think that these are just printed on old photo paper.

- - ------- - -

Here's one: http://der-wolf.tumblr.com/image/42361848478

?

Here are the backs. The photos were supposed to be from some Russian archive. I do not doubt that they are not originals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler photos - never seen before?  

?

These are well known 'Russian archive' fakes about which I've read before. I'll find the link to a discussion of them.

These are Heinrich Hoffman photos of a normal kind, widely published in the epoch and in our time, as well.

?

Perhaps Cigarette photo cards, Not original by any means.. No "Holy Grail" here...
    Published photos are rampant.. Regardless of stamps and glue and what not.. As others have stated.
    If I were you I would do some research and start doubting..... Do research and I hope someday you might find one.
    Gwar

Look here in the Bavarian State Archives,

Das Fotoarchiv Heinrich Hoffmann (1885-1957) enthält Materialien über die NSDAP in der Weimarer Republik, das Dritte Reich, den Zweiten Weltkrieg und die ersten Jahre der Nachkriegszeit. Eingebunden wurden kleinere zeitgeschichtliche Teilbestände, die überwiegend Kriegszerstörungen und Wiederaufbau in München dokumentieren.

- - ------- - -

Voila:

http://www.bsb-muenchen.de/index.php?id=591&type=0

Hitler photos - never seen before?I collect these picture books, and have done so for forty odd years.

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Perhaps Cigarette photo cards, Not original by any means.. No "Holy Grail" here...
    Published photos are rampant.. Regardless of stamps and glue and what not.. As others have stated.
    If I were you I would do some research and start doubting..... Do research and I hope someday you might find one.
    Gwar
    Not even cigarette cards, unfortunately. These are absolute fakes of recent origin. Here's the thread discussing same:

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

The backside betrays that they are from the infamous "Russian archive" series of fakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast