Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitler´s signature?

Article about: I saw a biding in a militaria on line shop that was biding a picture hitler´s signature. I put the photos for your opinions.The seller can not guaranted for the genuineness of this item. Do

pjm
    ?

Default Re: Hitler´s signature?

The signed Mein Kampf sold for that price not solely because of the signature. It was an early (if not first edition) with a dedicated to another Putsch personality who was also interned with Hitler at Landsberg prison. So the value was the sum of those historical aspects.

Rather than take a risk with this signed image, I'd advise going to a reputable dealer (unless this is already offered by one) who will offer an expertise and money back guarantee. There are lots of original Hitler signatures on documents, etc. It may still be expensive but the authenticity should be guaranteed and there would be recourse if it turned out to be a good fake.

This example doesn't look bad at first view but there are capable and clever people faking the signatures of various 3rd Reich personalities and some are competent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler´s signature?
    P
    Many

?

Personally I would be very careful with anything like this, it appears from the picture showing the backing board and the rear of the picture frame, that the board and therefore the picture has been removed and then refitted at sometime in the past, as the gummed brown paper tape shows signs of having been broken, so why was the picture removed and then ref-fitted back into the frame ?

Was it to sign it by any chance and if so when, and by whom ?

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

The signature is looking very similar to a 1942 August representation that I have seen, but as previously stated by other members, I would be very loath to actually purchase this item.
    I recently went to a flea market where some guy wanted in excess of 50 Pounds for a framed picture of A.H (guaranteed genuine period piece) which turned out to be nothing more than a photo torn from an old book and framed.
    Tom

As i stated in the thread on Martin Borman's signature go to Charles Hamiltons autograph books on a Hitler signatures.This (VOL.I) BOOK shows the Progression of his signature from 1924-1945.As we know Hitlers signature after the assination attempt changed and his earlier signatures are more bold and distinct.

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    As i stated in the thread on Martin Borman's signature go to Charles Hamiltons autograph books on a Hitler signatures.This (VOL.I) BOOK shows the Progression of his signature from 1924-1945.As we know Hitlers signature after the assination attempt changed and his earlier signatures are more bold and distinct.
    Printed signatures in books should only ever be used as a rough guide to the appearance of someone's signature. They should not be used as comparison signatures. Comparisons should only be attempted using an authenticated ink handwritten example. Even then, comparing signatures is only part of the authentication process. There are numerous other factors to be considered.
    As for the example which began this thread....it is a total fake.
    Woske.

?

A poor attempt by the forger to copy the spring '43 pattern signature.

Hi,
    Here is a Hitler signature on a letter about the Hindenburg explosion, 1937,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler´s signature?   Hitler´s signature?  

Last edited by Panzer 3; 01-27-2012 at 12:36 PM.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Here is a Hitler signiture on a letter about the Hindenburg explosion, 1937,
    Dave.
    Sorry, but I don't like this one at all.
    W.

Hi,
    Can please some of the people some of the time but cant please all the people all of the time.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Can please some of the people some of the time but cant please all the people all of the time.
    Dave.
    Not with forgeries.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast