Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Visits Pioneer Battalion 3 circa 1934

Article about: Hi This sequence of photos was a lucky find on my behalf as they were tucked away in the middle of an album for an officer of Pioneer battalion 3 dating from the early 1930's. Written undern

Default Hitler Visits Pioneer Battalion 3 circa 1934

Hi

This sequence of photos was a lucky find on my behalf as they were tucked away in the middle of an album for an officer of Pioneer battalion 3 dating from the early 1930's.

Written underneath the picture in German script and in faded pencil was just the word Hitler ! Under magnification it became suddenly clear, a cracking shot of the back of Hitler as he took the salute.

The pictures that came before it show the unit commander and Frau maybe taken in the few nervous moments before the guest arrives.............

Then a more formal shot of him and another alongside the battalion adjutant.

Hitler Visits Pioneer Battalion 3 circa 1934Hitler Visits Pioneer Battalion 3 circa 1934

Then finally the "money shot"..........

A more detailed analysis of the album will be posted in the Reichwehr section should you wish to know the names and basic career info etc of the officers identified.

cheers

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Visits Pioneer Battalion 3 circa 1934
    P
    Many

Nice find!

good pics

?

That is an interesting double dip helmet he is wearing. He is also wearing the model 89 dress saber. Great photo.

?

Nice find Tony !!

Hi Tony, I agree a nice find, bet that made you smile, that must be COLONEL GENERAL Werner Von Blomberg on AH's RHS. ( MADE UP TO GFM ON AH's birthday 1936)

Regards SK

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Tony, I agree a nice find, bet that made you smile, that must be COLONEL GENERAL Werner Von Blomberg on AH's RHS. ( MADE UP TO GFM ON AH's birthday 1936)

Regards SK
    Hi

I reckon it could well be........... I have a little grin when I saw the picture !!

cheers

Tony