Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth elementary classroom photos

Article about: I recently picked up these two photos showing a classroom of boys, with a Hither Youth (instructor?) present. I don't know if the man was visiting a classroom, or if the HJ men were the stan

Default Hitler Youth elementary classroom photos

I recently picked up these two photos showing a classroom of boys, with a Hither Youth (instructor?) present. I don't know if the man was visiting a classroom, or if the HJ men were the standard instructors in Germany at that time. I found these photos to be quite historically interesting, and thought they might warrant their own thread, even though I was really unsure how to title this post.

If anyone can translate the writing on the chalkboard, what's on the poster by the chalkboard, and what's on the back of one of them, I would really appreciate the help. Of note, I thought it was interesting that one photo shows a fox, and some sort of hawk or similar bird in one of the windows. You can also find NSDAP themed artwork hanging on the back wall, hinting at the type of "education" they must be receiving. Also, I see boys. Boys that put multiple straws in their milk, and stick two straws together to make one long one, and make funny faces. Thankfully some things don't change regardless of the leadership involved.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth elementary classroom photos
    P
    Many

Dedication:
    "Meinem lieben Vater zur Erinnerung an das erste Schuljahr seines Hänschens."
    ["To my dear father as a memory of the first year of school of his Hänschen."]
    ("Hänschen" is a diminutive form of the first name Hans.)

On the blackboard:
    "Diktat 26.9.34. Die Ernte ist in der Scheune. Wir danken dem lieben Vater für seine Güte. Adolf Hitler (....) Dank des Volkes."
    ["Dictation 26 Sept. 34. The harvest is in the barn. We thank the dear Father for his kindness. Adolf Hitler (...) the thanks of the people."]

On the poster:
    "Kommt zum Bückberg. Deutscher Erntedanktag. Der Führer spricht!"
    ["Come to the Bückeberg. German Thanksgiving Day. The Führer speaks!"]
    The annual Reichserntedankfest on the Bückeberg was a major event. See:
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichserntedankfest
    (German language)

No girls, a creepy grown bald man alone with with kids, a stuffed fox, and fascist iconography on the walls. And I thought being forced to spit out my gum was bad.

HPL, your kindness and charity translating things for us knows no bounds. Thank you sir.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    No girls, a creepy grown bald man alone with with kids, a stuffed fox, and fascist iconography on the walls. And I thought being forced to spit out my gum was bad.
    These are curious photos for sure. I simply do not know enough about the German school system and organization of the era to know what's going on there. But, one can only imagine how many years it must have taken to undo what was being taught in that classroom.

As a father, I can't help but see two foxes in that coop, and one of them is not stuffed. And, as if taking their innocence away and forcing a cruel ideology on them isn't enough, how many died from allied bombs, or were coerced a decade later to fight among the ruins of their homes in Hitler's madness and total war? If one thinks on it long enough, you can't help but feel angry about it.

"I want to raise a generation of young people devoid of conscience - imperious, relentless, & cruel." - Adolf Hitler

German Thanksgiving Day indeed.

Ahhh yes, the whole classroom looks so racially pure... judging by their age they probably just barely made the Volksturm eleven years later.

I wonder how many of these darling little Jew baiting Nazis died fanatically shooting rifles at Russian tanks years later...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by avenger View Post
    Also, I see boys. Boys that put multiple straws in their milk, and stick two straws together to make one long one, and make funny faces.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler Youth elementary classroom photos 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Is he snorting the milk?

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    There are in any class cultures a "Class Clown".. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "