Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hitlers Mein Kampf in English

Article about: I stopped at page 74...I couldn't take the cr@p anymore!

Default Hitlers Mein Kampf in English

I have just been asked to see if I can sell this English version on Hitler's Mein Kampf. Its dated 1939 and is in fairly good condition. I know the copies in German are desirable but what about in English. Does anyone collect them and what sort of money are we talking. I would like to be able to offer it at a sensible/fair price for the seller and buyer so any help is much appreciated.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitlers Mein Kampf in English   Hitlers Mein Kampf in English  

Hitlers Mein Kampf in English  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlers Mein Kampf in English
    P
    Many

Printed in London !!!!

?

I saw an English Mein Kampf for sale with a blue cover for €80 at the last military show I was at.

Cheers, Pat

Worth about £60-£80 at a guess!...

In the section marked Translator's Introduction its dated February 1939 so the war had yet to start and I guess some people would have found it rivetting. I tried once to read another copy I had and got to page 11, I just did not get it at all and am sure most German's who had a copy had it for show and not because they read it.
    D.

It's interesting to see the Party Eagle on the spine of this English Language Edition...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Looking at BookFinder.com: New & Used Books, Textbooks, Rare Books & Out-of-Print Books, I assume that this was an edition which was originally sold by Hutchinson in 18 weekly parts. Prices for the loose copies and the bound edition seem to vary widely - a bound version of this edition from 1942 is going for £129. The North American edition from same year (same text but not illustrated) is available at a mere £33. There are prices going up into the £200s but I can't see them being achieved - this is quite a common book, after all. I've always found it significant that this book continued to be freely available for sale in Britain in the midst of the war, the last wartime edition coming out in 1943.

£5.its boring.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    £5.its boring.
    It's mind numbing! i tried to read it once and gave up after 10 minutes!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    It's mind numbing! i tried to read it once and gave up after 10 minutes!...
    Hi ,I persevered and read it twice! It was even more ridiculous second time round as I began to get my head around the "loonies" conclusions from his "idea" of the historical "facts" as he perceived them. Nutter is an understatement. Anyway about the book!! I have seen these sell for around the £80-£120 mark. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast