MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this Hitler's signature?

Article about: I have a chance to buy a signed copy of "Mein Kampf" and this signature is on it. It looks like Hitler's signature to me, but I would like a few opinions. I have read somewhere tha

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: Is this Hitler's signature?

It is a Blue Edition, but no inscription. Yes, as a matter of fact it WAS Mein Kampf - auf Deutsch. How very perceptive of you. The seller mentioned it was a Blue edition. and sent a scan of the cover, as well as the signature. He absolutely SWEARS it is Hitler's signature. I suppose Hitler could have been having a bad day, and signed differently. Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll buy it anyway. Then I get to listen to everybody saying it is not Hitler's signature.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Is this Hitler's signature?

Frankly, I thought the signature was pretty good. I mean it's not like a maker's mark which is what most of these "nay-sayers" are use to. There is always variables. Additionally, those spots which appear are called "foxing" which you may already know. But some appear above the signature. Nobody was faking Hitler's autograph in 1939 Germany. If it is the edition you say it is , I would go for it. Condition is, of course, important. I was going to contact you to see if they would sell it to me, but thought unwise in this forum. Glad I could help. rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2