Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ document??

Article about: Hi, I was wondering if somebody here might be able to take a look at this document and possibly translate it for me? I have no clue what it is. I thought maybe I could translate it from an o

Bedford
    ?

Default HJ document??

Hi, I was wondering if somebody here might be able to take a look at this document and possibly translate it for me? I have no clue what it is. I thought maybe I could translate it from an online translating site, but I had a hard time making out the letters. I'd appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thank you,
    Bedford
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ document??  

2. # ADS

Default Re: HJ document??

Translation:

Participation Certificate
    Helen Ungestüm
    aquired this certificate for participating in the all german workers crafts competition.

It's DAF not HJ...

Bedford
    ?

Thank you very much! : )
    Ok, pardon my stupidity, but what exactly is DAF? I've been a civil war collector for years. A couple years ago I found an SS dagger in an old house that was litterally falling down. A few days ago I bought a HJ knife at a gun show. I thought it would be cool to find some other youth items to display with it. Thank you again for the translation, now I know to pass on this one.

Bedford

Hi Bedford, welcome to the forum!

The DAF, the Deutsche Arbeitsfront, (German Labour Front) was the Nazi Labour organisation. The document relates to a trade competition organised by them in which HJ members took part.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: I would love to see the daggers.

Bedford
    ?

Hi Ade, thank you for the info. Here is the HJ knife I mentioned. The stamping on the back says Carl Heidelberg, Solingen with a circle and what looks like 2 bottles. There is also a mark of Gesch (I think, I have it in a display case right now, but pretty sure it said something like that). I know I have pics of the SS knife on here somewhere. I'll post pics once I find them.

Thanks again,
    Bedford
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ document??   HJ document??  

Very nice early HJ knife

Cheers, Ade.

Bedford
    ?

Thank you Ade, like I said I just purchased this...really my first ww2 purchase. Here is the SS dagger. This one I came across while looking for antiques in an old house before it was demolished. I actually had an armful of "junk" and saw an apple crate full of books. I thought I'd use the crate to carry my stuff in so I dumped the books out and this knife fell out. The house was torn down literally within a week of me finding it.

Bedford
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ document??  

The first document has the facsimile signature of Reichsjugendführer Arthur Axmann

HJ document??

Quote by Bedford View Post
    Thank you Ade, like I said I just purchased this...really my first ww2 purchase. Here is the SS dagger. This one I came across while looking for antiques in an old house before it was demolished. I actually had an armful of "junk" and saw an apple crate full of books. I thought I'd use the crate to carry my stuff in so I dumped the books out and this knife fell out. The house was torn down literally within a week of me finding it.

Bedford
    That is one amazing find! You were really lucky! The dagger just lacks the suspension ring. Who is the maker, the other side of the blade will be maker marker.

Cheers, Ade.

Bedford
    ?

Thank you I just checked the back of the blade and it has the mark RZM over a 1054/38, with a circled SS below that.

Bedford

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast