Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How Ironic.

Article about: Hi All, came across this strange photo the other day, the irony of the master race and selection. Regards SK

Default How Ironic.

Hi All, came across this strange photo the other day, the irony of the master race and selection.How Ironic.

Regards SK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How Ironic.
    P
    Many

A new one for me!....

There were several black members in the Wehrmacht actually, usually serving in the S. Africa campaign. Great picture, thanks for posting.

It is worth noting, though, that the African man is a soldier of the Italian colonial troops, not a member of the Wehrmacht. The two men flanking him are German police officers.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It is worth noting, though, that the African man is a soldier of the Italian colonial troops, not a member of the Wehrmacht. The two men flanking him are German police officers.
    Hi HPL, I completely agree, It's just a picture and it's ironic, it's not a political statement, we do not even know if the officer on the left was even handcuffed to the soldier. The irony is The Wehrmacht trained the early candidates for the SS and the Army filtered them into their ranks. You was not allowed to be a foreigner to be in the SS at the beginning just Aran. Not until the SS ranks were decimated did they take anybody. Old men and boys at the end of the war. As Youthcollector stated many Black soldiers fought in Africa ( for money ) it's the fact that the The German Army etc, would have anybody fighting with them even tho they were fighting for the master white race. At the end of the day it's just a nice ironic period picture, no harm is meant by this post.
    Regards SK

Thanks for posting . Have seen only a couple over the years.

?

He might be Ethiopian or ------------- Sicilian
    I wish my American Sicilian buddy could read this. He married the prettiest Hawaiian Japanese girl I have ever seen and lives on Kauai Island in Hawaii. The lucky ba$tard.

Hi Steve, those Ethiopians kick the hell out of those Italians with bows an arrows and spears. The Itals had modern day weapons. No wonder the Germans had to bail them out.

Yes your friend sounds like a lucky guy.