Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hugo von Senger ROA

Article about: I will in this thread post some pics from Hugo von Senger's personal photo album, from his service in ROA/POA, Russian Liberation Army. Hugo was from Switzerland but fought in ROA with the C

Default Re: Hugo von Senger ROA

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I will here post some pics with a some of Hugo's personal comments. I have trouble reading it all. Maybe some German friends can help us out?
    I don't have enough time right now to go through all of them, but some dramatic comments relating to the fate of the Lienzer Kosaken immediately caught my eye. The 11th attachment in post # 9 contains the comment:

"Die letzten Tage - kurze Zeit danach lieferten die 'humanen' Engländer meine Kosaken den Sowjets aus zur Liquidation"

...i.e.:

"The final days - a short time afterwards, the 'humane' English handed my Cossacks over to the Soviets for liquidation"

# 10:
    "Nach dem Ende - auf meiner Tachschenka / Was nun?"
    "letzte Flucht / 1 Stunde vor der Auslieferung durch die Alliierten an die Sowjets"

...i.e.:

"After the end - on my Tachschenka / What now?"
    "Final run / 1 hour before being handed over by the Allied to the Soviets"

There are many interesting photos in this thread, let me just single out no. 1/2 from post 9 showing well-known Cossack officer Ivan Kononov receiving the Iron Cross 2nd Class from von Pannwitz and no. 9/12 showing Heer officers wearing jackets in a Waffen-SS camouflage pattern.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo von Senger ROA
    P
    Many

?

Thank you very much indeed friend, for translating some of the writings. I am very happy about this. My wife is also very happy, because she feels Hugo get a "second" life now. She knew him, and knows his wife Ursula who is still alive. I will keep posting later on.

Thank you for all the nice comments fellow members

Regards, Lars

?

For our readers who dont know of the fate of the cossacks: here is some interesting reading for you.

Cossacks in Lienz

I do not try to hijack the thread, only to let Hugos comments come to life. Moderator are free to delete this post if you feel like.

?

It's my thread and you have a genuine interest in this topic, so feel free to post what you want TrondK. I will let you know if i feel a hijacking coming.

Regards, Lars

?

Very interesting link btw Trond.

?

Thanks for posting, Lars.
    I have always felt that von Pannwitz and the Cossacks got a raw deal, no matter their allegiance and actions in the War.
    The stories are just heartbreaking.
    Pannwitz' choice to go with his men is something else.
    For better and for worse, he was made of a different material.
    I remember when first reading about them years ago an it stuck with me.
    Had these pictures saved for a while, thanks for giving me an excuse to post them

Very interesting tread thanks for posting it.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very interesting link btw Trond.
    Glad you like it Datrus. ( the history brought tears in my eyes when i read it )

Some people have an enormus interest in history regarding the SS, i feel i have an even greater almost fanatical interest in ROA, Cossacks and Eastern volunteers- and their tragic fate. Im so happy your wife allowed you to share her collection with us.

The photo of the elderly hugo in his uniform has forever burned itself into my brain now, and i thank you both for it!

When i manage to upload photos to the forum sometime in the future, im going to show you a couple of tunics i have- sadly not named. But they are nice.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Thanks for posting, Lars.
    I have always felt that von Pannwitz and the Cossacks got a raw deal, no matter their allegiance and actions in the War.
    The stories are just heartbreaking.
    Pannwitz' choice to go with his men is something else.
    For better and for worse, he was made of a different material.
    I remember when first reading about them years ago an it stuck with me.
    Had these pictures saved for a while, thanks for giving me an excuse to post them

Very nice pics mate. My wife want's them. LOL

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Glad you like it Datrus. ( the history brought tears in my eyes when i read it )

Some people have an enormus interest in history regarding the SS, i feel i have an even greater almost fanatical interest in ROA, Cossacks and Eastern volunteers- and their tragic fate. Im so happy your wife allowed you to share her collection with us.

The photo of the elderly hugo in his uniform has forever burned itself into my brain now, and i thank you both for it!

When i manage to upload photos to the forum sometime in the future, im going to show you a couple of tunics i have- sadly not named. But they are nice.
    Thank you for the very touching comments. I will look forward to see the tunics.

I actually just found out last night that she had this material. She also made a interview with the youngest Wehrmacht soldier in the Battle of Berlin. He was 16yrs old then. He was not HJ.

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast