Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Hugo von Senger ROA

Article about: I will in this thread post some pics from Hugo von Senger's personal photo album, from his service in ROA/POA, Russian Liberation Army. Hugo was from Switzerland but fought in ROA with the C

?

Default Re: Hugo von Senger ROA

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Wonderful thread Lars! Thank you for keeping this man's memories alive!
    Thank you too

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hugo von Senger ROA
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hugo von Senger ROA

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't have enough time right now to go through all of them, but some dramatic comments relating to the fate of the Lienzer Kosaken immediately caught my eye. The 11th attachment in post # 9 contains the comment:
    "Die letzten Tage - kurze Zeit danach lieferten die 'humanen' Engländer meine Kosaken den Sowjets aus zur Liquidation"

...i.e.:
    "The final days - a short time afterwards, the 'humane' English handed my Cossacks over to the Soviets for liquidation"

# 10:
    "Nach dem Ende - auf meiner Tachschenka / Was nun?"
    "letzte Flucht / 1 Stunde vor der Auslieferung durch die Alliierten an die Sowjets"

...i.e.:
    "After the end - on my Tachschenka / What now?"
    "Final run / 1 hour before being handed over by the Allied to the Soviets"

There are many interesting photos in this thread, let me just single out no. 1/2 from post 9 showing well-known Cossack officer Ivan Kononov receiving the Iron Cross 2nd Class from von Pannwitz and no. 9/12 showing Heer officers wearing jackets in a Waffen-SS camouflage pattern.
    Tachschenka is a kind of military cart or waggon, in Russian- Normally it's a old word from the civil war, when the Tachschenka's was used for caring the Maxim MG. The Russian transcription must be Tatchanka- Тачанка

Just some of the pictures you can find by search keyword in Russian or first link to Wikipedia: Tachanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.google.ee/search?q=%D1%8...w=1680&bih=795
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6