Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism

Article about: From my collection. This ID card, issued in Berlin in 1946 is for a small child born in 1944. It contains the childs photo, and personal information. The Cover is marked "OPFER DES FASC

RTFREY
    ?

Arrow ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism

From my collection.

This ID card, issued in Berlin in 1946 is for a small child born in 1944.

It contains the childs photo, and personal information.

The Cover is marked "OPFER DES FASCHISMUS", VICTIM OF FASCISM, below this are the letters "KZ" which I assume stand for Concentration Camp, and a Red Triangle.

The rear cover shows the arms of Berlin.

I have had this for some time and can find no information on it as to why it was issued, and what it was used for.

Any information would be appreciated.

Condition is near MINT.
    regards,
    Bob Frey
    Attached Images Attached Images ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism  ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism  ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism  ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism 

2. # ADS

Default Re: ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism

Hi Bob, I have never seen one of these before so can offer no info, but thanks very much for showing it. A very sad document.

Cheers, Ade.

RTFREY
    ?

Arrow Re: ID Card w Photo issued in Berlin in 1946 for a Child Victim of Fascism

I assume there were thousands of these IDs issued because of the number of victims, and yet this is the only one I've ever seen or had in 50+ years of collecting.

I don't know if this was a national or state program or what was involved.

One of your readers has the answer so I'll be patient.

regards,
    Bob Frey

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.